HDCP to Begin on HBO Comedy

Well, I guess I'l get to see if my HD Fury 1080p HDMI to component converter works.

I have an old Sony D50 "three eyed monster" projector that only has the 5 BNC RGB/component input and so far so good.

I have an old Sony D50 "three eyed monster" projector that only has the 5 BNC RGB/component input and so far so good.
You are aware of the fact that "component" usually refers to a video YPbPr signal (such as that coming from a Dish HD receiver), and not to RGB (such as that coming form a computer)?

I'm switching to Showtime. Curb is over and Dexter is about ready to start up anyway.

Did you watch this past season of True Blood? Or their snoozefest boxing matches? It makes me wonder if HBO is sabotaging the quality of their content just to prevent pirating. What are the chances of that? Hmmm? Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Is any one having trouble with this?
with no mrv from dish I use hdmi and component for two tvs and the tv out for the third into home system .
the picture if fine then i get the warning screen change channels and come back its fine.

I was watchin on the tv that uses the rf tv output so it was affected ,receiver is in single mode a message came up about hdcp it did not go off till i changed channels it is working fine as of now.
splitter will not work for me the tv is a older set and has no hdmi input it is now fine on all outputs

This HDCP encryption will affect ANY analog connection and ANY digital connection that is not HDCP-enabled. According to the OP, it WILL affect both the SD AND the HD versions of HBO Comedy.

You are aware of the fact that "component" usually refers to a video YPbPr signal (such as that coming from a Dish HD receiver), and not to RGB (such as that coming form a computer)?

YPbPr has sync on green, without sync on green you have 5 cables for component/RGB.

I think you meant to say "sync on luma", since there is no green per se in YPbPr signals; green is derived from the others. Y is indeed mostly green, but with some red and a tad blue too. I didn't know this until I looked it up just now. I had erroneously thought it was equal parts of all colors.

I am surprised that a Sony D50 can apparently accept either standard. Have you ever hooked it up to a computer?

I think you meant to say "sync on luma", since there is no green per se in YPbPr signals; green is derived from the others. Y is indeed mostly green, but with some red and a tad blue too. I didn't know this until I looked it up just now. I had erroneously thought it was equal parts of all colors.

I am surprised that a Sony D50 can apparently accept either standard. Have you ever hooked it up to a computer?

I believe he is referring to the color of the connectors, not true RGB VGA connection. Pretty sure the projector is switchable between RGB and component. BTW sync is carried on the green in a true RGB connector. Y is luminance (which will look rather green on screen by it self), Pb is chroma blue, and Pr is chroma red. Which means it is Luma combo to make the picture brightness level, Pr chroma most red color, and Pb chroma mostly blue color. Hope this makes sense to those that have no idea what the colors mean in relation to input connector colors. Who knows it may have even confused the issue.

Let me get this right, HBO is issuing restrictions of viewing their channels for people that are paying a decent amount of money to subscribe to them? Don't they realize that it takes one person to get this stuff onto the Internet and that all of their efforts will be for naught?

Seems like a ridiculous, outdated strategy. I'm all against pirating stuff, but this will not harm pirated copies and only go to frustrate those paying $13 to $20 a month to get HBO.

Let me get this right, HBO is issuing restrictions of viewing their channels for people that are paying a decent amount of money to subscribe to them? Don't they realize that it takes one person to get this stuff onto the Internet and that all of their efforts will be for naught?

Seems like a ridiculous, outdated strategy. I'm all against pirating stuff, but this will not harm pirated copies and only go to frustrate those paying $13 to $20 a month to get HBO.

But that truth will not stop them as they are being pushed by the idiot (nicest word I could think of) MPAA to do this stuff.

I know some will be irate that I am saying this but it won't be the first time.

i am actually surprised that this channel looks as good as it does now. I am not caliming there is no differnece but the use of HD bandwidth for an SD station is a big improvemetn over what some SD stations look like.

I know some will be irate that I am saying this but it won't be the first time.

i am actually surprised that this channel looks as good as it does now. I am not caliming there is no differnece but the use of HD bandwidth for an SD station is a big improvemetn over what some SD stations look like.

Ehh, this has absolutely nothing to do with PQ... The only way HDCP would have anything to do with PQ ever is if it were to downconvert HD content to 480p when HDCP is not available. In this particular case though, when there is no HDCP encryption, the channel is simply cut off.

It has been consistant for awhile now, on the EA, I can not get it from my slingbox, only from an HDMI cable. (Slingbox HD uses the component outputs) WA still works, though something has changed because the picture blinks two or three times then is able to be seen.

It has been consistant for awhile now, on the EA, I can not get it from my slingbox, only from an HDMI cable. (Slingbox HD uses the component outputs) WA still works, though something has changed because the picture blinks two or three times then is able to be seen.
odd that you mention blinking.. I've noticed when I tested.. that tuning into HBOCY it would cause a blink on screen 2 or 3 "blink out" like flickers. But I could still watch HBOCY via component and my receiver was still identifying incoming as 1080i.

Ehh, this has absolutely nothing to do with PQ... The only way HDCP would have anything to do with PQ ever is if it were to downconvert HD content to 480p when HDCP is not available. In this particular case though, when there is no HDCP encryption, the channel is simply cut off.

Then there must not have been a whole lot of HD content on the channels. I have never hada problem receiving it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts