HDCP

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
My dish receiver just come up with this message on the hbo Cinemax and showtime channels the starz channels and other HD channels were fine. I got the hopper with one Joey and on the Joey they were fine both receivers hooked up via hdmi. I called dish and finally they told me to unplug the receiver and reset it and it worked for now. Is it possible I may encounter this problem again if so how do I fix it. Thanks for any help.

My tv is brand new its a lg 47" 3d TV and the hopper is hooked via hdmi

Next time try just resetting the hdmi connection. If the tv is hdcp complaint and it's enabled like I'm sure it is, then that shouldn't be happening. But, HBO and MAX are the only premiums enforcing hdcp so I'm not sure what to think. I would let dirt know so they can report it. I have my hopper connected via hdmi to dvi right now and I see the hdcp message sometimes randomly but unplugging and replugging the hdmi fixes it everytime.

I've looked in my owners manual and trying to figure out if my tv is hdcp compliant or not I hope it is tho

I had this problem when they first started the HDCP. I racked my brain trying to figure out a fix and it turns out, i just needed to swith to a different HDMI input on th back of the TV. Never had the problem again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)