HDMI after L449

AZChris

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
hell
My 622's HDMI is connected to a monoprice switch box it shares with an upscaling DVD player. I can switch over to the DVD player just fine, but ever since L449, when I try to click back I get no picture. The audio is still coming through on my optical jack. I do a soft reboot and all is well once again. Is this some DRM magic or is the HDMI about to fail?

I have L449 and a Mono Price HDMI switch box and am experiencing no problems. Are your DVD player and 622 set to output the same resolution?

NightRyder

I got the same problem since I got L449 last week, No picture via 622 but my Blu-ray player is fine. I rebooted couple of times but no luck. I was going to call Dish , but I am going to get Directv next month anyway, so I just conencted component cables for now, until Dish is history next month.

Since I got 4.49, I've been experiencing problems with my HDMI connection as well. A soft reboot fixes the problem. I did an online chat with the folks at Dish and the CSR reported it is a known bug with 4.49. He didn't have an ETA for a fix. I've switched over to component and that seems to work better, but Sunday morning I flipped on my bedroom TV which is connected via RF, and it was not getting signal. I'm talking no signal whatsover, not the "press select" advertisement. I pressed the power button on the remote 4 or 5 times and the signal came on and all was back to normal.

Miner

My HDMI has died since 4.49 as well. I've gone ahead and hooked up via component. I HAD thought it was a hardware issue but now that I see these posts...

We'll see what happens.

I must have just got 4.49 too. Yesterday my HDMI was working great. Turn on tv today and black screen, I am pissed! I am short on component cables so I needed to steal the one from my DVD Player and use that from sat to tv and now I get a picture. WTH is dish's problem??? Kinda crappy that they screw up a perfectly working picture. Scott/anyone know when this will get resolved?

Hmm when this happens make sure to let us know the Make and Model of your TV's.. Due to it might be only effecting some models not all.. It also helps out the rest of us due to we might have the same model so forth..

BTW, I've got a Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-34HS420. I've noticed in the last few days that the video does come back sometimes. It really seems to be hit or miss, however.

Hmm when this happens make sure to let us know the Make and Model of your TV's.. Due to it might be only effecting some models not all.. It also helps out the rest of us due to we might have the same model so forth..

I have 2 622s. The one connected to an Optoma RD-50 (non HDCP) is the one that has the HDMI software snafu. The one connected to a Westinghouse 26" LCD works fine.

Miner

I wonder if this is related to the different hardware versions (that Dish didn't want to admit existed) of the 622? I say this only because I seem to recall there being similar issues for a while with earlier versions of the software that eventually go fixed (or the problem units replaced). Anyway it's worth a check.

For what its worth I have a monoprice switcher i use with my upscaling DVD player on my VIP211 and everything is fine. I realize the 622 has different software than the 211

So please Dish do NOT screw up something that is working fine on my 211.

I must have just got 4.49 too. Yesterday my HDMI was working great. Turn on tv today and black screen, I am pissed! I am short on component cables so I needed to steal the one from my DVD Player and use that from sat to tv and now I get a picture. WTH is dish's problem??? Kinda crappy that they screw up a perfectly working picture. Scott/anyone know when this will get resolved?

Did you try jiggling (not too hard) the HDMI cable on the back of the 622 ?

Failing 622 HDMI ports are a VERY WELL KNOWN problem. And no, you don't have to move the box for it to fail. The way it's mounted puts continual stress on the fragile surface mount pins.

My 622's HDMI is connected to a monoprice switch box it shares with an upscaling DVD player. I can switch over to the DVD player just fine, but ever since L449, when I try to click back I get no picture. The audio is still coming through on my optical jack. I do a soft reboot and all is well once again. Is this some DRM magic or is the HDMI about to fail?

Welcome to my world.:eek: I also have a 622 and a Monoprice switcher and my handshake has been lost since L441. I have an Oppo 971 and PS3 running through the switch with no problems but have to run component to my Panasonic PT-900 projector. If I run the HDMI cable straight from the 622 to the projector it works just fine. Thanks *E.:mad:

BB468

If I run the HDMI cable straight from the 622 to the projector it works just fine. Thanks *E.:mad:

BB468

WHAT???

How is that Dishes fault? Have you switched the cables around on the switch or tried a new switch? If it's a monoprice switch, another one isn't that expensive.

Did you try swapping the locations of the 2 622's ?

David,

No I didn't. I soft reboot would take care of the problem, and as I had a set of component cables (used to go to DVD player) already connected, I just decided to go with component until the problem is fixed. I've reached a point that unless its not working, I don't have time to move boxes and troubleshoot for Dish (in this case).

Miner

David,

No I didn't. I soft reboot would take care of the problem, and as I had a set of component cables (used to go to DVD player) already connected, I just decided to go with component until the problem is fixed. I've reached a point that unless its not working, I don't have time to move boxes and troubleshoot for Dish (in this case).

Miner
If your HDMI jack has popped loose from the 622 mainboard, the problem is not going to get fixed by an update. The weight of a typical hdmi cord pulling down on the HDMI jack is enough to pop the jack loose. If you lift up on the cord so it presses the jack down and the signal comes back, your jack needs to be resoldered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)