HDMI after L449

My 622 Hdmi died as well.....checked diagnostic and it revealed that the receiver stopped communicating with my sharp 26" lcd....total failure...just
received refurb 622...will see hong this lasts...... rolou21.

If your HDMI jack has popped loose from the 622 mainboard, the problem is not going to get fixed by an update. The weight of a typical hdmi cord pulling down on the HDMI jack is enough to pop the jack loose. If you lift up on the cord so it presses the jack down and the signal comes back, your jack needs to be resoldered.

I'm moderately confident the problem is software related. It started right after the 4.49 upgrade. It is consistent in that since the SW download, the problem appeared the first time I attempted to turn on the TV, and was solved by a reboot. It has recurred every day thereafter and could be fixed by a reboot. My first 622 failed due to the broken HDMI connector and it was fairly obvious it was a mechanical failure.

I'll wait til 4.5 comes out and if the problem is fixed, I'll be happy. If not, I'll troubleshoot it some more.

Miner

I'm also using a Monoprice switcher with an upconverting DVD player and a 622. Its had L449 for 10 days or so and so far no problem with HDMI. Should've NEVER said that!:rolleyes: I've used the DVD player several times so the switcher has been used even more than normal.

Ed

Well after troubleshooting even more (and being blown off by dish online chat, I was talking to them and then they said "sorry computers down, try back later, goodbye" and then I was disconnected).

Sorry, back to further troubleshooting. I giggled the hdmi jack on the 622 and found when I pull up on the cable I get picture. So my hdmi jack went bad?!?!?!?! I have never moved it since installed, what a crappy design. Well I have the cable propped up right now to keep picture and so far its working!

So now I need to call dish and complain about that and hopefully get a new 622 or maybe even a 722! Only problem is I will be loosing all the recorded problems I am saving...hate that! I don't have an external drive to save them to. Crappy hardware and software dish...thanks...:mad:

Well after troubleshooting even more (and being blown off by dish online chat, I was talking to them and then they said "sorry computers down, try back later, goodbye" and then I was disconnected).

Sorry, back to further troubleshooting. I giggled the hdmi jack on the 622 and found when I pull up on the cable I get picture. So my hdmi jack went bad?!?!?!?! I have never moved it since installed, what a crappy design. Well I have the cable propped up right now to keep picture and so far its working!

So now I need to call dish and complain about that and hopefully get a new 622 or maybe even a 722! Only problem is I will be loosing all the recorded problems I am saving...hate that! I don't have an external drive to save them to. Crappy hardware and software dish...thanks...:mad:
Yeah, that's what I was saying in post #20 on the first page of this thread. The HDMI jacks are surface mounted and will pop loose from the dvr mainboard if there is ANY up force.

If you don't want to lose any recordings:
1. Activate external drive feature and move recordings. Transfer back on the new DVR.
2. Resolder the jack.
3. Ziptie the cord so that the jack is pressed down and live with it.

The Dish 622/722 dvrs are not the only devices I have seen this happen to. there are AV receivers out there that have similar problems with their HDMI jacks too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts