HDMI and satellite receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I know we don't like to talk about the V7 satellite receiver but I have a question here. My new tv and my tv in the living room does this same thing every time I turn on my tv it turns on the receiver. I have all 3 tvs are LG is it something with my HDMI that keeps turning the receiver on. I turn the receiver off the tv says input then turns the receiver back on again. I think my V7 bit the dust because my tv turns on again if I switch to tv antenna. Can anyone give me some advice to turn something off to keep it from doing this.

I know we don't like to talk about the V7 satellite receiver but I have a question here. My new tv and my tv in the living room does this same thing every time I turn on my tv it turns on the receiver. I have all 3 tvs are LG is it something with my HDMI that keeps turning the receiver on. I turn the receiver off the tv says input then turns the receiver back on again. I think my V7 bit the dust because my tv turns on again if I switch to tv antenna. Can anyone give me some advice to turn something off to keep it from doing this.

Turn off SIMPLINK on your LG tv's. That's their version of HDMI-CEC, and it does this sort of thing.

Ok i'll check for that when I get home it just got frustrating trying to watch tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)