HDMI Cable for my 622

Okay I have been searching for an answer but I cant seem to find it. I know the best place to get the cable is monoprice.com. I am not sure which one I need (male to male) or (HDMI to HDMI) whats the difference?
Monoprice is THE place. I paid the lowest price shipping (less than 3 bucks), was sent from CA on a Wed, got it the following Friday in Indianapolis. Total for a 6' was $8.10.

I laughed at the guy at Circuit City when he wanted to sell me a $120 HDMI cable. "But it has the best quality picture." Umm... dude. It's digital. It works or it doesn't work. If the picture starts breaking up I'll return it.

Almost as bad as the gold plated fiber optic dolby digital cable someone tried to sell me? Don't get me started on that one.

Almost as bad as the gold plated fiber optic dolby digital cable someone tried to sell me? Don't get me started on that one.

The gold surrounding the fiber core keeps the photons focused and reduces stray light errors!

;) ;)

Oh and yes, Monoprice is THE place!

Monoprice is THE place. I paid the lowest price shipping (less than 3 bucks), was sent from CA on a Wed, got it the following Friday in Indianapolis. Total for a 6' was $8.10.

As soon as I saw this thread... I was like...god... i hope someone said monoprice, as its 7 posts long... sure enough #3 :D

With the vip 622 flakey hdmi connector, I would get the lightest most flexable cable you can find, set it up once and never move it. Don't get too short of a cable because if you have to move and twist the vip 622 to get access to back panel, the cable sideways torque on the hdmi connector may cause it to break and stop working.

I laughed at the guy at Circuit City when he wanted to sell me a $120 HDMI cable. "But it has the best quality picture." Umm... dude. It's digital. It works or it doesn't work. If the picture starts breaking up I'll return it.

Yeah, I got the wool pulled over on me when I first got a DD5.1 setup. All that Monster Cable crap at Circuit City.

Luckily, I have learned some since then ;)

I looped my HDMI cable and anchored it to the back of my 622 to keep ALL pressure and stress off the surface mounted jack.

Does anyone actually BUY the $120 HDMI cable? I had a guy try to tell me that the connector on the CABLE will break...the heat from the components will melt the glue and cause the connector on the cable to jam in the recepticle on the component if I EVER try to take it out! Crazy markup!

Just to put a different spin on things. I have a split from my OTA going directly into TV. Instead of HDMI, I used component. TV direct compared to 622, ZERO difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)