HDMI cable with HD upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As many of us have said that E* has been supplying an HDMI cable w/ the 722k. If one comes w/o it most likely either the dealer that installed grabbed it or when it was packed the person the packed it threw in the wrong bag of accessories.

As many of us have said that E* has been supplying an HDMI cable w/ the 722k. If one comes w/o it most likely either the dealer that installed grabbed it or when it was packed the person the packed it threw in the wrong bag of accessories.

I have installed dozens, if not 100's, of 722ks (and 100's, if not 1000's, of 622s / 722s /612s) and not a single one has come with anything more than: Composite cable (yellow/white/red cable) & phone cord, just like 622, 722 & 612 (the 622 & 722 did come with an svideo cable which was never used). We get our equipment straight from Dish and do not open the boxes prior to the customers house. The bulk Component and HDMI cables that Dish sells us come in a plastic bag, they are the same cables DNSC uses. If you are getting the cables with a 722k brought out by a tech, they are probably bringing in those cables at the same time. If you are getting the cables with a 722k that has been shipped to you, they might be throwing in the cables to lessen the possibility of needing a service call to hook it up.

Brad

The 722 that was shipped to me from Dish had a HDMI/DVI cable with it. A 622 that an installer opened up in my home did not.

FYI:I get all my cables, etc. from monoprice.com but I noticed that the local dollar store (Dollar General) now has 6' HDMI cables that are 1.3 for $6.00.

Ed

Sorry

I have installed dozens, if not 100's, of 722ks (and 100's, if not 1000's, of 622s / 722s /612s) and not a single one has come with anything more than: Composite cable (yellow/white/red cable) & phone cord, just like 622, 722 & 612 (the 622 & 722 did come with an svideo cable which was never used). We get our equipment straight from Dish and do not open the boxes prior to the customers house. The bulk Component and HDMI cables that Dish sells us come in a plastic bag, they are the same cables DNSC uses. If you are getting the cables with a 722k brought out by a tech, they are probably bringing in those cables at the same time. If you are getting the cables with a 722k that has been shipped to you, they might be throwing in the cables to lessen the possibility of needing a service call to hook it up.

Brad

It is really strange that some of us are getting the cables inside the box when it is shipped to us and some are not. I'm bit skeptical that they would ship just a with them and not the rest.

The 722K that was shipped to me had one. When a tech comes and brings a unit, I always grab all the plastic bags when the box is first opened and put them out of site, except for the remotes. Been too many reports of them taking the stuff with them, including the owners manuals.

You grab the bags before I get fininshed installing your system, you are going to be in for a big surprise. Bags have batteries, remote antennas and other things need for the install. Not very wise to get on the bad side of your installer before he gets finished..

You grab the bags before I get fininshed installing your system, you are going to be in for a big surprise. Bags have batteries, remote antennas and other things need for the install. Not very wise to get on the bad side of your installer before he gets finished..

Well unfortunately I am always surprised when my installer is finished. System not grounded, dish not well adjusted, wires left loose and a mess outside my house..........I have had three home/apt installs in 5 years, and they have all been the same.

You may be an good, honest, installer but I have got to the point where I count on the installer to bring the equipment to my house and thats about it. I would not trust a single one of them with any equipment. I keep an eye on it all.

I have had a 622 installed by a tech (no HDMI), 211 shipped from Dish (came with HDMI), 211k brought by a tech (no HDMI) and a 722k brought by a tech (no HDMI).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)