HDMI: Cables DO make a difference

kg4ozx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Alabama
About 8 months ago I bought an HDMI cable at Wal-Mart to connect my 622 and/or my upconvert DVD player. $36 later, I discovered that it didn't work. I called my TV manufacturer and had a warranty service call to investigate the problem. The tech didn't find any particular problems, but did a swap of the HDMI module. It worked about 20 minutes, then quit again. I tested the cable setup on my other HDTV and it worked just fine for several hours before I disassembled it and moved it back to the bedroom. The next time I tried on my second TV it didn't work either. I gave up hope for using HDMI on my primary TV.

In a few days the warranty on my TV will expire and I wanted to give HDMI one more try before I lost the warranty coverage. I decided to check Monoprice.com after reading so much about them here and get a new set of cables. I bought 2-6' HDMI cables for less than $5 each. They arrived today and I immediately got them out and hooked up both my DVD and 622, and they both worked wonderfully! My wife laughed at my "happy dance" after I got them working, because it frees up my component jacks for other things (Like my Wii, which Monoprice has a great price on the cables for it, too!)

Guys, seriously, I know that most of you know that Monster Cable and other "High-End Gold Plated Diamond Encrusted Cuisinart" cables are a waste of money, but in this case the "cheap" cables from Monoprice are not only a better looking, more substantial cable but they ACTUALLY WORK!

Don't make the same impatient mistake I made. Wait your 3 days to get your cables shipped from Monoprice!

(This is not an advertisement, I just really had a great experience with their products and wanted to share here. It's rare that you find someone selling good products at a fair price anymore!)

I agree "cheap" and monoprice do not go together. All my cables come from those guys, in fact I purchased a LCD Wall mount from them for $19.00 and it works the same as those $200.00 mounts at the local retail stores.

Ah, I thought this was gonna be a rant about how much better cables that cost a zillion $$$ were. Happily, I was wrong. I've bought a number of HDMI cables from monoprice as well as WII component and assorted audio cables. They've all performed flawlessly! Great prices and super fast service!:up:)

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)