HDMI does not work on my three year old 622...

what are my options, can I get a replacement for free?

Was it working before? I would just call tech support and tell them that HDMI stopped working, they should replace it for you. Free? I don't know, I guess it depends on your account. I've gotten 2 622 replacements for free in the last few months. Had to replace one of them last night.

what are my options, can I get a replacement for free?

Add the dish home protection plan to your account for $5.99 a month and then call in and ask the tech to replace your dvr with another 622 due to hdmi failure. They will send you a replacement 622, you send the old one back in the box sent with the UPS mail label and then call in and cancel the insurance. You can add and take it off as needed. The cost to do all of this is only $5.99. I've done this over the 12 years with DISH with no problems.

One warning though: If you have "moved" to an address for hd locals and are not where you really are , make sure you specify that they send the replacement receiver to your billing address where you really live. If this doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it.

Sometime in 2010, :D. From what I am to be being hearing, the 722K is backed up like a dude who ate 2# of cheese.

If you just started trying to use the HDMI (You haven't verified that it worked previously, or even if you did0 it might be the cable. I bought one at Wal-Mart for $30 that worked one time and hasn't worked since.

I bought one from Monoprice.com for less than $10 and it works great. It's never failed me through 3 bad 622s. (Other issues, not HDMI related)

I'm using another one purchased at monoprice.com for my upconvert DVD player. They are really good cables, and MUCH cheaper!

Worth a shot.

upgrade price

Well, they will replace the receiver model you have with the same one but I guess you can upgrade for $199.

This upgrade fee price you are quoting is not what I'm paying. I had the HDMI break on my 622 and called in to tell them to note it on the account. This way when I call in to exchange for a 722k I would be able to not be charged a large amount. Well turns out that thru the tech dept I was told that they are just now starting to roll out the K's and that I could get one. I'm being charged $75. If a standard 722 shows I'm gonna call and B to high heaven and ship the sucker back to them. I will not go thru resetting all the timers twice in a couple of months.

This upgrade fee price you are quoting is not what I'm paying. I had the HDMI break on my 622 and called in to tell them to note it on the account. This way when I call in to exchange for a 722k I would be able to not be charged a large amount. Well turns out that thru the tech dept I was told that they are just now starting to roll out the K's and that I could get one. I'm being charged $75. If a standard 722 shows I'm gonna call and B to high heaven and ship the sucker back to them. I will not go thru resetting all the timers twice in a couple of months.

He said a ViP 922 and that's what the upgrade price is going to be according to CES.

If the the HDMI was working before, then more than likely the pins bent inside the receiver itself. You wouldn't think that a fraction of an ounce could do such a thing but i've seen do it many of times on different devices. The DVI design with the two screws on each sign would have been smarter design for HDMI.

If it never worked it could be the processors aren't seeing each other between the devices. I've also come across this in the field many times. If this is the case, RGB-Component would be the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts