HDMI/HDCP issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
Hi guys!

Been a long time since I've been around, but that's because my 622s run great - until now.

One of them has decided to not display anything if I switch my monitor (a Dell LCD) from DVI (hooked to Dish HDMI out via an adapter) to VGA and back again.

If I pull the DVI cable or monitor power, it resets OK and I get my video.

The other 622 does not have this problem - at least not yet.

While fishing around, I noticed that there's some new (to me) HDMI/HDCP diagnostic info available. Anybody know when this happened?

Both 622s are Software=L622, Bootstrap=1730, Hardware=RBDD-N.
When did software version L622 hit?

Also, might it be "Nov. 1st" that's causing the issue (some new rules), and my "good" 622 hasn't caught up yet?

Simon,

Glad to see you are still kicking! Heard rumor that you had fallen off a roof. As far as HDMI/HDCP diagnostic goes, that has been there for over a year, at least. Have not played with DVI connection, but had an issue with older HDTV using HDMI connection that did not pass the HDCP diagnostic. So went ahead and used component.

Also, what are you using to increase signal for Colorado Springs HD locals? I ended up adding a 30" wing dish and a lower noise LNBF. Even with that, signal is still only about 33.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)