hdmi Issue with genie receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
I have been having an issue with my Genie gen 2 receiver since we got it a year and a half ago that sometimes when you change channels it loses signal thru the HDMI. It used to only happen occasionally but now it happens several times a day. the only things that help are to turn the tv off and then back on or to disconnect the Hdmi cable and reconnect it.

The tv is an LG 60LA8600 bought new in 2014. I have tried changing settings in the receiver, swapping hdmi cables, and running the hdmi thru my 7.1 receiver. None of it seems to have improved the issue. It only does this on my satellite receiver. The wife is getting pretty upset about it. I really dont wanna have to swap out the receiver if there is some kind of setting im not catching. Thanks.

longshot.. in the settings, tell the Genie that your TV only supports 1080p. Disable all other resolutions.

Also in your AVR, turn off any scaling/conversion.

see if that makes the problem go away.. if it does, then start re-enabling until you identify who was causing the problem.

Reactions: Shicks4
Does this only happen when you run through your AVR, have you tried connecting direct to the TV?

Telling the genie that my tv only supported 1080p did the trick, no other settings were needed to remedy the situation.

Yeah I tried hooking the thing up to all 4 of the hdmi ports on the tv, had the same results as well as running it thru the 7.1 receiver.I knew it had to be a setting that needed changed either on the tv or the sat receiver.

I like to have the Satellite receiver hooked to hdmi1 direct to the tv and have a coaxial audio cable run to the receiver for the times i want to view a movie or show in 5.1. Port 2 is usually a simple dvd player for the family to use (they dont understand how to use the surround sound receiver) 3 is the surround receiver (which has a lot of stuff hooked to it), and the port on the front is for misc items i plug in, laptos, roku box, digital camcorder ect.

Thanks for the tip zim2dive, so far so good!

Reactions: Jimbo and raoul5788
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)