HDMI output

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
Strange occurrence, I have a 612 with component out to TV and HDMI out to remote LCD via CAT5-HDMI adapter. All worked great except the 612 would always freeze and reboot. Didn't notice in the past because I hardly used that 612. Another 722 works great.
So I call dish and they say they can upgrade to 622 for free (2 year agreement) or replace 612. I say replace 612. Yesterday UPS delivers a 612 AND a brand new 622. The 612 is refurbished. I promptly install, as above, the 622, activate it and the HDMI output must not be able to handle the CAT5 run. The red light on the HDMI plate goes dim then bright (it should be bright) and the picture on the remote LCD cuts in and out (I switched HDMI cables to no avail). I disconnected the HDMI, rebooted the IRD and then reconnected the HDMI, worked for 5 or so minutes then again went back to cutting in and out. Now, not a huge deal because the way I have my setup, the 622 would have to be in single mode in order for the UHF remote to operate at the remote LCD. So I didn't gain much.

I disconnected the 622 and installed the 612 replacement, which was obviously a refurbished one, they barely cleaned it. I'm a little disappointed with Dish on that. And this morning the replacement 612 seems to be OK. I'm not going to connect the OTA because I've read that may be the cause of the 612 problems, which sux too because I like the OTA recording.

So my question is, does anyone else have a 622 with a long HDMI output or use the monoprice CAT5 to HDMI adapter that I' using and if it works?

As stated on another thread I have run 50' of HDMI to the remote TV from a 722. I fed the nearby set with component cables. All has worked flawlessly for a month since installation. Perhaps you can convince Dish to swap/upgrade to the 722???

If the replacement 612 acts up again I will.

On your 722 setup, do you have to keep the 722 in single mode in order for the TV2/UHF remote to work at the remote TV?

If the replacement 612 acts up again I will.

On your 722 setup, do you have to keep the 722 in single mode in order for the TV2/UHF remote to work at the remote TV?

Yes, both the close and remote TV's see the same show at any given time. I have two 722's hooked to the remote TV so that I can select HDMI input #1 or #2 on that TV. Since there are only two of us most of the time this solution works for us.

You CAN operate TV1 with UHF. There are tons of posts here explaining how but basically, pick up another 6.3 or better yet the newer 21.0 UHF remote, flip the "chip" over to "1" and TV1 will become Dish Pro IR/UHF when you set the address. Then TV1 can be controlled by either IR or UHF.

Ed

BTW, I have 25' of HDMI from my 622 to a 2nd HD TV & 30' of HDMI to a 2nd HD TV from my 722. NEVER had a problem in almost 2 years & the cables are mostly outside my house in the cold/snowy Michigan winter. Cables are from Monoprice.

Last edited:
Thank Corps man, I'll snoop around. I think my remotes are 5.something but I'll check tonight.
I wonder why the new 622's HDMI output doesn't seem powerful enough. I have a Monoprice CAT5 to HDMI plate installed and the 612 works fine with it.
I'll mess around some more and see if I can't get it to work

If the HDMI setup is working for the 612 but not very good with the new 622 could it be possible the 622 HDMI output is bad?

If the HDMI setup is working for the 612 but not very good with the new 622 could it be possible the 622 HDMI output is bad?

Possiblity but seems like it would either work or not.:confused: If you decide to get another UHF remote there's lots of 'em on ebay--6.3 or the new 21.0. If you're gonna get one I'd strongly suggest the 21.0 because it's a learning remote and seems more responsive than the 6.3. And YES, it will work with both the 612 and 622.
Yer welcome!

Ed

I do have the 6.3 and rehooked up the 622 and the UHF remote worked great switched chip to 1-UHF, but the doggone HDMI output of the 622 is messed up. So I reconnected the 612 and it works fine. I'll hopefully get dish to send me a 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)