HDMI Splitter on a Joey

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Will the H3 Joey (wired or wireless) work with a splitter on the HDMI output?

I have several rooms with TV's that have HDMI run to them that are used very seldom. I don't want to pay for Joeyes for all the rooms that are rarely used. What I do now is I have 2 old Hoppers. One is connected to a splitter and a wireless Joey. The other is connected to just a splitter.

Thanx

I don't see why not

As long as your HDMI splitter pass the HDCP protocol

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a system designed to protect digital content. The technology is intended to protect unauthorized duplication of high definition (HD) video and audio as it travels across connections—from your computer to your TV or monitor, for example. Your setup, from devices to displays to cables, adapters, and software drivers, must all be HDCP compliant in order to watch HD-quality videos

Will the H3 Joey (wired or wireless) work with a splitter on the HDMI output?

I have several rooms with TV's that have HDMI run to them that are used very seldom. I don't want to pay for Joeyes for all the rooms that are rarely used. What I do now is I have 2 old Hoppers. One is connected to a splitter and a wireless Joey. The other is connected to just a splitter.

Thanx
HDMI splitters should work, however be aware that if you have a 4K TV in the mix, you will either get no picture on the TVs that don't have 4K capability or your 4K TV will only get a HD picture. Which depends on the splitter and what TV is connected to which port.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts