HDMI Switch question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
Good morning!! Can I use an HDMI Switch to get HD to a 2nd tv? If so, can anyone recommend a decent one? I'm trying to figure out this for tailgating where I plan to only use one receiver. I have a splitter I could use to use an additional receiver but I would rather just use one. I am fine with just displaying the same programming on both sets as one would be outside and one inside. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the link.. So an HDMI switch would work fine?

You need a splitter not a switch.

A switch takes multiple outputs and connects them to a single input.

A splitter takes a single output and sends it to multiple inputs.

in this case you need a 1:2 splitter.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Yeap. As John said. A switch will only output one source at a time. A splitter will take one signal to multiple devices.

S~

Thanks for the responses.. Yeah looks like I need a splitter.. basically I am wanting to have 1 hdmi out from receiver into a splitter and 2 hdmi out from the splitter to the 2 hd tvs.. I'm trying to determine if something like this Ultra High Performance HDMI Switcher 3-1: Link text Should this work or do I need something else?

Passive splitter don't always work. There can be handshake issues. Look for a powered one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)