hdmi switch with toslink

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
as far as ive read it has hdmi for video only no sound
Are you sure about that? The specs state this receiver can decode 192KHz/24bit, and as far as I understand, only HDMI connection can provide that. Toslink doesn't support that. I think this receiver should be able to extract audio from HDMI without problems. I'd be really surprised if it can't. And if you are planning to use it with HD DVD or Blu-ray players, you don't want to use Toslink: HDMI can deliver much better sound!

no sound over hdmi but i have all the parts i need onthe way to make it a 12port hdmi and12 port optical could goto 18/18 but thats another 500+

stone,

How's that working out, i have hit the "multiple sources not enough inputs" on my sound and tv situation ? is it worth $300 ?

Has anybody else looked at alternatives ?
works great for me, is it worth 200to300, thats up to you wehter youd rather have didgtalaudio or analog via red white rca cable

personally it was worth it for me im even thinking of sinking in more mula to get 18/18 hdmi-optical rather than 12/12

Glad to hear it, I had a bestbuy gift card for christmas so I purchased ralfguys suggestion, waiting for some toslink cables from monoprice before i can hook it up completely, but got it working with my Harmony 880 too. So far so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts