HDMI Switch

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Anyone using one?

I've seen monoprice has them now for a decent price.

What I've got right now is a HR20 using one HDMI port and the PS3/A2 sharing(by swapping the cable) the other.

Any input?

Have used one (5 output) from Amazon and it has worked perfectly - if it broke I would immediately buy another I like it that much.

Anyone using one?

I've seen monoprice has them now for a decent price.

What I've got right now is a HR20 using one HDMI port and the PS3/A2 sharing(by swapping the cable) the other.

Any input?

Have used one (5 output) from Amazon and it has worked perfectly - if it broke I would immediately buy another I like it that much.

Thanks. Ill be getting a ton of Amazon GC's for Christmas for movies, but if you are having success Ill pick one of these up to. Swapping cables isnt hard but its kinda ghetto :p

I am so sorry - I just looked at my online accounts and I did purchase the Monoprice 5 output unit - I thought I had purchased the one (it looks identical) from Amazon - but the Amazon one is more expensive and with not knowing how the switch was going to work in the first place I opted for the lower cost one - but I go back to my original post - I use it daily and it works perfectly every time. I do agree with other posts that I read before I purchased it - that the LEDs are too bright and annoying in a darkened room. I used a tip from someone else who wrote that they put a thin strip of electric tape over the front lights - that works and does not interfere with the remote signal.

Thanks. Ill be getting a ton of Amazon GC's for Christmas for movies, but if you are having success Ill pick one of these up to. Swapping cables isnt hard but its kinda ghetto :p

I am so sorry - I just looked at my online accounts and I did purchase the Monoprice 5 output unit - I thought I had purchased the one (it looks identical) from Amazon - but the Amazon one is more expensive and with not knowing how the switch was going to work in the first place I opted for the lower cost one - but I go back to my original post - I use it daily and it works perfectly every time. I do agree with other posts that I read before I purchased it - that the LEDs are too bright and annoying in a darkened room. I used a tip from someone else who wrote that they put a thin strip of electric tape over the front lights - that works and does not interfere with the remote signal.

Thanks for the update. I remember looking awhile back when I decided to plan on purchasing the A2, and all I could find was one at monoprice. I like ordering from both so Ill stick with the cheaper.

Does look like a good unit, price seems a bit high compared to monoprice's unit though.

Thing I hate about relatively new units like these is you wonder if the cheaper unit is buggy or will you over pay on the high price unit.

It'll be another month because my next purchase is a sling link to get the HR20/PS3/A2 on the net easily. Ill check more reviews at that time.

I am glad to hear someone has one and it works. As buggy as HDMI can be I figured the switches would never work as good as the ol A/B switches.

I used the 2 port switch w/ auto sensor & remote for Monoprice for around a year, and it worked great. I eBayed it when I got my Onkyo receiver with 2 HDMI ports.

If you have any thoughts of upgrading your AV receiver anytime soon, you'll save the price of a HDMI switch by getting a receiver with multi-hdmi inputs. :)

I used the 2 port switch w/ auto sensor & remote for Monoprice for around a year, and it worked great. I eBayed it when I got my Onkyo receiver with 2 HDMI ports.

If you have any thoughts of upgrading your AV receiver anytime soon, you'll save the price of a HDMI switch by getting a receiver with multi-hdmi inputs. :)

Im renting right now and itll be apr/may before the house. But I WILL be getting an entire new sound setup then.

Thanks for the input on the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)