HDMI to component

Jerry1Gman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2009
Cincinnati
My initial plan,
I wanted to run my Dish Network 722k HDMI to both of my plasmas. So I bought a 4X2 True Matrix HDMI 1.3a Powered Switch with a bunch of HDMI cables from Monoprice.com.
My problem,
When I tried to install the TV next to the DVR does not have HDMI! When I ran the components to that TV and the HDMI down stairs, only the component TV worked.
My question,
Is there any product out there that can convert the HDMI from my switch to the component TV?

Thanks for any help.

I'm sure someone has, but it is not common practice for most components because component is not HDCP compliant. Both the component outputs and the HDMI outputs are live at the same time, so you only really need to run an HDMI out to one and component out to the other from the 722. The only problem is you have to watch the same program on both TV's.

S~

Never seen one, is like using a cassette to 8 track adapter kind of.

Last edited:
Definitely SEEMS to have an HDCP stripper

There seems to be 2 versions, HD3 without AUDIO, HD4 with l/r audio (no optical).

$95 for the no audio to $135 for the one with audio.

Definitely SEEMS to have an HDCP stripper

There seems to be 2 versions, HD3 without AUDIO, HD4 with l/r audio (no optical).

$95 for the no audio to $135 for the one with audio.

If that is the case, buy it quickly. This is the sort of product that gets cease and desist orders against it.

I once tried these sort of devices and I was not at all satisfied with the results, so If I were you I would be very sceptical. I suppose there may be such a device that actually produces good results, but I doubt it. I tried pretty hard to find such a Holy Grail of a device and burned up lots of money. They do not work. The ones I purchased I should have sought refunds for, but I did not and they now collect dust. Like someone said both outputs are active on Dish receivers.

My problem,
When I tried to install the TV next to the DVR does not have HDMI! When I ran the components to that TV and the HDMI down stairs, only the component TV worked.
I am doing that same thing (with the same switcher/splitter) and it works fine. Perhaps you just need to do a few power cycles (on the TVs and/or 722) to get the HDCP to sync up with the switcher/splitter and the rest of the equipment.

Both the HDMI and the component outputs from the E* receiver should be ative at the same time. Do both work fine when only one is connected?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)