HDMI Wireless

OhioDon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Ohio
I am trying to send my joey HD output to two tvs. I would like to use wireless HDMI if I can find one for around $100. Are they available for that price? If so, please include links if possible.

I have found ACTIONTEC MYWIRELESSTV that I think I could get on ebay for around $100. Has anyone used this one?

I also found Acoustic Research HDP100 HDMI that sends signal over the powerline. Any information on that one?

It is being used on a hopper going to the upstairs tv. It is about a 50 ft. run. I have used these on a 120 ft. run with no problem.
120 ft with the non-powered wall plates? Does CAT5E or CAT6 make any difference?

I used cat5e because thats what we had at work. So fat I am not using a power supply, but you can if you have problems. The 120 ft. run had a power supply on the tv side.

I am trying to send my joey HD output to two tvs. I would like to use wireless HDMI if I can find one for around $100. Are they available for that price? If so, please include links if possible.

I have found ACTIONTEC MYWIRELESSTV that I think I could get on ebay for around $100. Has anyone used this one?
Got my Actiontec on ebay several months ago for under $70 shipped (street price for a new one is around $200). I absolutely love it. Range is good and PQ is fantastic. You can go with an RF Dish remote or use the included receiver/blaster. Be sure to get the kit that includes both transmitter and receiver.

Got my Actiontec on ebay several months ago for under $70 shipped (street price for a new one is around $200). I absolutely love it. Range is good and PQ is fantastic. You can go with an RF Dish remote or use the included receiver/blaster. Be sure to get the kit that includes both transmitter and receiver.
Thanks a lot for your feedback! Any idea the distance you're going with it? Through walls and/or floors?

I'm getting about a 90% signal going at a steep angle through a couple of walls, a floor and a couple of pieces of furniture (probably about 30' from downstairs on one side of the house to upstairs on the opposite side). It uses wireless N, so the range is very good. It is quite directional though, so use the signal meter on the screen to aim it for the max signal.

I'm getting about a 90% signal going at a steep angle through a couple of walls, a floor and a couple of pieces of furniture (probably about 30' from downstairs on one side of the house to upstairs on the opposite side). It uses wireless N, so the range is very good. It is quite directional though, so use the signal meter on the screen to aim it for the max signal.
Directional: Do the tops of the boxes need to face each other? If I have one upstairs and one in the basement, should turn the one that is upstairs upside down so the top is "facing" the other box in the basement?

I played with one for some time. The signal quality was good. I was unable to get the IR repeater to work. In one location, the signal went through multiple walls and one floor from one end of the house to other end of the house. Only one channel had good signal in that location. The UI is very slow. Luckily the dish RF remote helps by directly controlling the source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)