Hdmi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

owlbox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
MA
:confused: I'm scheduled for install Mon pm and I just read that the Voom box doesn't support HDMI. My Pioneer Elite Pro 730HDi has DVI-HDMI inputs. I have the cables that go from DVI to HDMI. Do they work on the Voom STB?? Voom only supports DVI-D??

??????????

Does anyone know if you can use a DVI to HDMI cable to connect the STB to the monitor? :eek:

it's my understanding that HDMI is an enhancement, but not a replacement for typical DVI. I, too, have an HDMI compatible TV but the Voom works great with my DVI connection. you shouldn't experience any difficulties or buy anything else.

I read that comment also owlbox. It may just mean that the V* STB doesn't have the HDMI connection. HDMI and DVI are designed to be backwards compatible, so in theory your cable should work.

Bill

STB DVI to HDMI cable

Just read that this needs to be a DVI-D to HDMI cable. I think the one I have from Monster is not DVI-D as their website doesn't mention DVI-D at all. Am I hosed? Connecting Voom to Elite Pro 730HDi.

Tried DVI connection tonight to my OTA tuner and I liked the look of the composite connection better. With DVI it seemed like the whites were too bright and the darks were too dark (too high contrast?) I'll try again when Voom is installed on Monday but I might be returning the cables.

owlbox said:
Tried DVI connection tonight to my OTA tuner and I liked the look of the composite connection better. With DVI it seemed like the whites were too bright and the darks were too dark (too high contrast?) I'll try again when Voom is installed on Monday but I might be returning the cables.

You will notice a difference owlbox. It just means you'll have to make some calibration adjustments. I assume with your set that it should be input dependent or at least you should have several user settings.

Do try and make some calibration adjustments and then make your assesment. You still might find component better on an analog set like yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts