HDN adjusted for overscan?

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
I turned on HDN last night (had to reboot the stb and left HDN on for a few minutes) and I noticed I didn't have the overscan problem I usually see on HDN. I could read all of the weather maps and the names of the cities. MUCH better...

Anyone else notice this?

The Rickster

Yes, I noticed this a couple of days ago. Was kind of irritating on the weather segments not to be able to see top of the screen. It's not perfect on my set, but much better than before.

I agree...

It is a lot better. I know there were some raging debates about the whole overscan issue. There's also an issue on WorldSport.

People with plasmas and front projectors don't seem to have the overscan issue. All others do. You can typically can adjust for overscan on most sets but it usually requires going into service settings. This is not something for the faint of heart as you can REALLY screw your set up in that area.

I don't agree with the manufacturers setting up the sets with overscan, however, most manufacturers have been doing it for quite some time now. It's sort of become a standard out there although there is no written standard (I believe). Bottom line is channels have been programming for a small amount of overscan for years. I couldn't figure out what Voom had decided NOT to program for it. I'm glad they finally have...

The Rickster

I'm still having this issue. With the addition of Livewire, only the upper half of the letters "Live Wire" are visible on the screen. I never have overscan issues before with my Panny 42PX20U. I'll try the re-boot this evening. Anybody else still having this problem?

On HDNews, I can only see the top 3/4 of the HDN logo and the first line of text in the news ticker on the bottom. The second line of text is cut off where I can just see the very tops of the letters.

But I can see everything on the top of the weather maps now. :rolleyes:

How hard can it be for them to get this correct already.....its been wrong since day one and its accross the board for everyone

Seanb61 said:
How hard can it be for them to get this correct already.....its been wrong since day one and its accross the board for everyone
I haven't had a chance to check if this been posted on the Yahoo Group. If so, any response from Wilt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts