HDNet to Provide Live Exclusive High-Definition Coverage of Launch of Shuttle Discove

There was a press conference shown on NASA TV. They are still hoping for tomorrow's launch, in spite of the small piece of insulation that fell off...

It must be hard for the astronauts, especially for the new ones, to go through the entire launch sequence several times in a row...
You spend years in preparation and then your launch is postponed with just 9 minutes left in the countdown...

Well, it's Take 3 today. Hope this one is a GO!

By the way, I noticed that HDNet is about 10 seconds behind NASA TV...

I watch it mostly on HDNet, but I switch back to NASA-TV whenever HDNet cuts off the NASA's audio feed. ;)

So far so good! All GO!!!

Ilya said:
By the way, I noticed that HDNet is about 10 seconds behind NASA TV...
Yeah, I noticed that other day, too. I thought it was interesting since isn't HD-Net providing the down-converted feed to NASA-TV?

My only complaint is the live commentary. He talks over the NASA feed all the time and has had several factual errors. He does fine with the World Reports. I'd run NASA on the other TV if it weren't for the delay.

T-minus 9:00 and it looks like we're having some pretty big pyrotechnics for the 4th of July! Go Discovery!

That commentator is annoying!!

My wife and I kept telling him to shut up, lol.

GREAT LAUNCH!! Very glad to see Discovery launch beautifully.

It's launched! Great shots by HDNet!

Great shots by HDNet.

Only wish for next time is I heard the camera can see 'clearly' 33 miles into the air, since after that its mostly just a bright light it would be nice to see a PIP of the shuttle and following the solid rockets back down a bit.

Thanks, it was well worth watching.

Monday July 24th, Broadcast Networks HDTV Primetime Guide!

Tuesday July 25th, Broadcast Networks HDTV Primetime Guide!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)