Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
hdnews_katrina.jpg

HDNews Katrina Special Tonight

HDNews is airing a 1 hour Katrina lookback tonight - I've heard that the whole show is in native 1080i HD and its all exclusivey HD footage that can only be seen on HDNews...can't wait to see it.

Katrina HD Coverage

I am looking forward to this HDNews Special. Just in case you're interested, HDNet World Report has been doing a very good job covering Katrina and its aftermath:

*Biloxi: Flattened by Katrina
Episode Number: 361
Synopsis: World Report cameras are in Biloxi, Mississippi, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Death and destruction are everywhere, wiping out virtually everything but people's individual determination to overcome the tragedy.

*New Orleans: A Predicted Problem Comes Home to Roost
Episode Number: 362
Synopsis: More than a year ago, World Report cameras were in New Orleans to examine flood potential in the city. Experts then feared a mythical hurricane of Katrina's dimensions. A look back at the details in this World Report reveals the events at the end of August 2005 were understood long before Katrina made landfall.

*New Orleans: More Progress and More Problems
Episode Number: 363
Synopsis: World Report cameras continue their coverage of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. As the waters are gradually being pumped out or receding from the city's neighborhoods, the true amount of death and destruction is being realized. The harsh reality of the storm's legacy tempers progress on the road to the city's recovery.

*The Gulf Coast - How Bad It Got In America
Episode Number: 364
Synopsis: World Report cameras continue their coverage of the events surrounding Hurricane Katrina. Unlike recent natural disasters that affected people of other nations, it seemed Americans were stunned to see their fellow countrymen in such serious peril for so long, on American soil.

Between HDnet and HDnews, in my opinion, they have done an excellent job in bringing the High Definition coverage of the Katrina aftermath. I have watched most if not all the HD coverage from both channel of this event.

The only thing I didn't like about last nights special was the fact there was little, if any, new material presented; all footage appears to have been aired before. If you follow HDNews (like I do), then this special was a little disappointing. In any case, I agree that HDNews has been doing a good job covering the ongoing disasters in the Gulf.