HD's on TV2

ryanvan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
I have an over OTA for my HD's using a 622. They come in great in TV1 but I can't see them on TV2...WHY IS THAT?

On the guide (TV1) they are yellow (I think).

I thought both TV's would be able to see the samething?

Please help!

Last edited:
:) I'm guessing you mean on a vip622. i don't have one but i have heard both ways that you cannot see anything and another said you can but only in sd. i guess from what your saying they are not visible at all. bumer you would think you could at least see them in sd. can any one tell us if your soupiest to see them?

Because there's only one tuner in the 622 for OTA that means it can only show it to one of the two TV's.. if you're setup w/ sharing you can watch it.. when you're setup with dual mode only tv1 can watch OTA. unless it's recorded. :)

That makes total sense...only 1 tuner on the OTA. DANG IT!

The wife is going to be pissed!

So the only way to share HD's is to have it in single mode....and I have to leave the tuner on.

sorry for the dumb questions I am a newbie.

:) well at least they don't skimp on the remote if you use it on one TV. i don't know how to get hd ota on the second TV unless you are going to use it as a single TV dual tuner and splice the out put to booth TVs mirroring the signal. you just cannot watch a differant show in the other room. you can even hook up one TV using the coax and the other on the same TV1 using the componet jacks leaving the connections for TV2 disconnected. i planed on using mine for one TV only for pip and record and live

VinceT3 said:
when you're setup with dual mode only tv1 can watch OTA. unless it's recorded.
I thought of that workaround yesterday myself. I noticed that the digital OTA channels didn't show up on TV2, so I thought I'll just record those and then they're available to either TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)