HDTivo Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rickd2000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 26, 2003
I got home tonight to a frozen HDTivo. Unplugged it, waited, plugged it back in and it booted fine. However the Guide wouldnt come up, The DirecTV window wouldnt come up, fast forward and rewind were SLOW to respond and just now it rebooted itself. The only other thing I noticed lately is ocassional stutters during playback. Ive searched the forums and didnt find anything specific so I was wondering if anyone had seen this problem or if this is something new. Thankfully I have the DirecTV Warranty plan so if need be I should be able to get a replacement.

Anyone seen this behavior before?

me too

Mine had been acting EXTREMELY sluggish, unbearabley so. Stuttering and pixelation made it all but unwatchable, sat & OTA channels. I would say the past week or so this has been happening. While I can't rule it out, I sort of doubt it's a hardware related drive failure. I have only had it for 6 months, that would have to be one lame hard drive. :( My guess is that it is software related, corrupted update maybe?

rmmrph said:
Mine had been acting EXTREMELY sluggish, unbearabley so. Stuttering and pixelation made it all but unwatchable, sat & OTA channels. I would say the past week or so this has been happening. While I can't rule it out, I sort of doubt it's a hardware related drive failure. I have only had it for 6 months, that would have to be one lame hard drive. :( My guess is that it is software related, corrupted update maybe?

Why not the harddrive since you're always reading the signal off your harddrive so if it was having issues that could cause your problems. Since it's still under warranty (HR10-250'sa have a 12 month) why don't you call D* and see if they can tell you what's wrong or replace it. No reason to be sitting there with a box that's running like that, get it fixed.

rmmrph said:

It is VERY possible it could be the HDD. It has been my experience that most of the time if they are going to fail it will be in the frist 6 months. Have you tried another reset? If that doesn't work I'd call for a replacement...

Did you ever resolve the issue?

I ask because I have the same problem now - menu delay, stuttering, pixelation, no ability to search program data, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)