HDTV and DISH

dude2 said:
If you lease, you have an indefinate warranty

If your leasing from Dish you better re-read your contract or your going to get a unpleasant surprise. :(

NightRyder

IceMan5043 said:
If you OWN your box there is no extra monthly fee for the receiver, right? I am asking this because I currently LEASE one 622 and one 522, which together are hooked up to four TVs. I'm thinking of buying one 322 for $150 from Dishstore.net and hooking up a total of six TVs. If I do this my monthly bill should stay exactly the same, correct? And I could probably hook up the new 322 box myself saving Dish from making an installation trip and also saving me $$$, right? If this is the case (if my monthly total remains the same), I think I'll be buying a 322 really soon! Anyone care to clear this up?

You'll pay an extra $5 a month extra receiver fee. In your case I see no advantage to buying over leasing.

NightRyder

Except that Dish WILL NOT ALLOW me to lease another box because they said I can only have a maximum of FOUR tuners before I must buy boxes, which is ridiculous! I cannot believe they won't let me lease another 322! I agree, since there is this "extra receiver fee," which is identical to the "receiver leasing fee" of $5, there is no reason that I should pay $150 for my receiver, except that Dish FORCES me to! :mad:

IceMan5043 said:
Except that Dish WILL NOT ALLOW me to lease another box because they said I can only have a maximum of FOUR tuners before I must buy boxes, which is ridiculous! I cannot believe they won't let me lease another 322! I agree, since there is this "extra receiver fee," which is identical to the "receiver leasing fee" of $5, there is no reason that I should pay $150 for my receiver, except that Dish FORCES me to! :mad:

Bummer...Try sending an email to ceo@echostar.com - They might be able to help you.

NightRyder

NitrousGT said:
I just purchased a Samsung 61" 1080P HDTV. Is it worth it to get the Bronze HD Package for $49.99 that limits to under 100 channels or get the regular promotion for the Dish 120 package which currently is $29.99 is it worth the extra $20 for the HD Package, and also are the local channels in HD or just the MOVIE channels?

THanks

If you want to get your money's worth and guarantee that you'll get all the HD programing out of Dish, get the Platinum package. You won't regret it! :D

IceMan5043 said:
Why is that? I only need programming from three satellites: 61.5, 110, and 119. So why would I need a DPP44 switch? I thought my DPP34 would work just fine.

If you have 3 dual tuners, that is 6 feeds. So either you need an additional DP34, or replace your DP34 with a DPP44 and dish seperators.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)