HDTV Commercial questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blakeharrell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
Possible dumb questions here:

1. How come they cant fix the audio on ESPN HD? The commercials are really really bad off..or is it just my setup?

2. If a show is recorded in HD (i.e., CSI Miami) and their commercial comes on during an HDTV ballgame how come it is not shown in HD?

What's wrong with the audio on ESPN-HD? Also, FYI they do not send dolby digital.

Not many, if any, are shot in HD, so they are stretched or you will see the matting on the sides.

Yes it's very bad out of sync.
What's the reason for that and why cant they fix it?
Also these commercials are footage of the shows that I know
are recorded in HD, purely footage and that is all, so why not show the commercial in HD?

As for why the commercial is not in HD well that may be the advertisers decision so they can show it on SD ESPN like a one resolution fits all kinda deal. As for why they cant fix it thats anybody's guess. Remember how long it took them to fix the stretched screen look.

blakeharrell said:
Yes it's very bad out of sync.
What's the reason for that and why cant they fix it?
Also these commercials are footage of the shows that I know
are recorded in HD, purely footage and that is all, so why not show the commercial in HD?

1. I have no sync issues

2. Just because the show is HD doesn't mean the highlights or other footage is. Sports Center is a perfect example.

The picture is out of sync normally when you have it set to 1080i on your format.. and ESPN uses 720p...

If you switch your format to EZ DVI setting then the comercials sounds will be in sync with the picture..

Fixed my problem anyways...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)