Status
Please reply by conversation.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
I sent D* an e-mail on Friday about HMO, HDTV and future offerings. We all know it is thier policy not to discuss but this canned response does show a glimer of hope. Nothing new and it is kind of vague but I just wanted to share the info.

Thank you for asking about High Definition Television (HDTV). We are committed to continue providing the best in HDTV programming and we're in constant discussions with various program providers to increase the number of high definition programs we offer. Stay tuned to DIRECTV.com/HDTV for the latest news and announcements as they become available.

We are sorry, but the Home Media Option is not available for DIRECTV DVR receivers. At this time, the Home Media option is only available for TiVo stand alone units. However, just as personal computers are rapidly evolving, we expect DIRECTV System receivers to incorporate many new features in the coming years. We will enhance our programming service as the receiving equipment evolves. For example, receivers capable of decoding Dolby Digital sound, high definition programming, and even interactive television are now on the market, and we have begun offering programming in all of those formats.

I can assure you that DIRECTV has a strong relationship with TiVo and we have not ended our relationship with them, no matter what you may have heard or read. DIRECTV held a small equity stake in TiVo which we sold earlier this week, but this transaction will have no impact on customers who have (or are thinking about getting) our DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)