HDTV Questions?

lawman1627

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Rochester, NY
I just got a widescreen LCD tv that has a built in HDTV tuner, I am using a 121 superdish 522 (2)510's 501, this fall (September ish) I would like to subscribe to HDTV programming, does all the HD programming use the 61.5? I am confused about this MPEG 4 deal, should I wait untill it comes out before I go to HD or doesn't it matter, what about HD receivers for current subs? I own all my equipment and would like to own a HD receiver if possible. Thanks for any advice or thoughts.

The original Dish HD channels are on 110. The Voom channels are on 61.5. Think 25 million receivers... MPEG4 will be a s l o w rollout for E*. I am enjoying my 921 for now and will probably lease/buy a 942 soon and will enjoy it. Then when MPEG4 comes along I will lease/buy the receivers needed. Then when receivers come out that use flash or some such storage I will lease/buy some of them. Then, when the next big thing comes out.... E* does have a lease option for the 811. Or you can buy an 811, 921 or 942 from the site sponsor or off that big auction site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)