Heading for Direct I think

No, he doesn't believe the people who *have* the service and wants to know from those who (likely) don't. I guess there's a handful of people who have both....

D* has bad boxes. I just left because they could not keep HR20 or HR21 working so if you go be prepared to feed the installers.

I think when you said it "replaces the internal drive" he took you literally.

OK. I used 'replaces' to distinguish the D* DVRs from the E* DVRs. You can hook up an external drive to the 622/722 and it *adds* to the internal capacity while with the HR20/HR21s the external drive *replaces* the internal capacity. I suppose you can get into the guts of the D* DVRs and replace the internal drive but that seems to be alot of fuss compared to a relatively simple plug-n-play solution.

I doubt It . You ship your receiver to them and they upgrade it for you! I wouldn't think you get the old Drive back.

Wouldn't that violate some agreement? What happens if your unit goes bad and D* needs to replace it? without the old HD to put back in there you just lost your investment and may even be charged for the receiver if D* finds out since someone did tamper with their equipment.

I really wish Dish Ntwk and Directv would merge. Think about it - that would solve many of the issues that we all seem to have. Between Dish's equipment and Directv's content, combine them and you get one decent sat provider.

Wouldn't that violate some agreement? What happens if your unit goes bad and D* needs to replace it? without the old HD to put back in there you just lost your investment and may even be charged for the receiver if D* finds out since someone did tamper with their equipment.
The web site is right there ,Email them or call and ask! WOW!:confused: Buy the external then! Here's FAQ: FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)