Heads Up Dedicated D*Subscribers :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Umbra_Vipera

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
Missouri
D* called me last night and offered me a deal. For a 2 year commitment I could get either a free HD Receiver + $5 off/month or a Free SD DVR + $5 off/month. (I don't think that I was under a commitment currently.)

I'm curious to know if anyone else getting this call?

Also, for those who have the SD DVR how well does it work? I opted to go this route because with this deal I can try it for a year for basically $1/month more.

I've always just called retention for my "freebies" - I recieved an HD Tivo and an H20 this summer for free. (and $10 off per month)

SD DVR....if you talking about regular DVR currently R15 model those are great the best advanced equipment DirecTV has in my opinion. I installed hundreeds and never had a bad one. Neither I had a service call with bad R15. They dont require a special dish like HD receivers. But they do require second line for recording two channels.

tech007 said:
SD DVR....if you talking about regular DVR currently R15 model those are great the best advanced equipment DirecTV has in my opinion. I installed hundreeds and never had a bad one. Neither I had a service call with bad R15. They dont require a special dish like HD receivers. But they do require second line for recording two channels.
All I remember is that everyone that got one when they came out did not like it, not sure why, seeing I don't have one, but the threads were flowing talking about how bad the unit was ...

A lot of people have had problems, some are still having problems, but they are behaving themselves much better than when they first came out.

I have 2 R15s and love them. I've had to reset each one a couple of times in the last two months, but no missed or unplayable recordings. I think they're great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)