Heads up: Ford, diesel fuel tanks & biodiesel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
One of our trucks in the fleet has had engine problems (don't I wish it was only one!). Turns out, the lining of the fuel tank was peeling away. Per the company that handles our fleet maintenance processing, Ford claims, WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, that the driver must have put biodiesel in the tank. Huh? So what? Anyway, I doubt there's any biodiesel for sale around here. They declined to cover the repairs under warranty. But we have a full maintenance contract with the maintenance company, so they will cover it.

It seems this is not an isolated instance. I suspect there is another class action suit brewing against Ford.

We avoid buying Ford diesels now, and try to avoid Ford period. They tried to stiff us on a tranny, and we've had too many Ford tranny, front end and brake problems. And now this.

You should be able to google to find out what stations sell bioD in your area, also if the maintenance company supplies the fuel cards then they will have a copy of every fuel purchase and what type of fuel was selected.

We have the fuel records from the fuel card from the truck. Those stations do not sell biodiesel. Like I said, no proof whatsoever. Nor anything saying not to use biodiesel. Granted, I'm getting this second hand, thru the maintenance people, and not from Ford directly. But I have no reason to doubt. But since it will cost my company nothing, I have no incentive to pursue. If the suit comes up, the maintenance company will be the injured party, not us.

One of our trucks in the fleet has had engine problems (don't I wish it was only one!). Turns out, the lining of the fuel tank was peeling away. Per the company that handles our fleet maintenance processing, Ford claims, WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, that the driver must have put biodiesel in the tank. Huh? So what? Anyway, I doubt there's any biodiesel for sale around here. They declined to cover the repairs under warranty. But we have a full maintenance contract with the maintenance company, so they will cover it.

It seems this is not an isolated instance. I suspect there is another class action suit brewing against Ford.

We avoid buying Ford diesels now, and try to avoid Ford period. They tried to stiff us on a tranny, and we've had too many Ford tranny, front end and brake problems. And now this.

We quit buying Ford prodcuts 5 years ago. All, we had was problems and a company that tired to squirm out of many if not all warranty claims. Especially the diesels, those have had nothing but problems. The funny part is that we have 3 GMC's with the Duramax diesels and they are superior to the Fords in both power and reliability and we have run nopthing but bio-diesel for over a year and no problems what so ever. There are many places to buy bio in our area and I have yet to hear from anyone that have had any issues with it. Sounds like Ford is trying to squirrel out of a repair bill.

Time to get a lawyer to get them to pay what they are supposed to pay. Maybe they will straighten up if you threan to sue them, then maybe they will take you more seriously.

Just like I learned growing up watching NASCAR (before common templates & Pep Boys wings)...always avoid FORD! :D

(sorry...couldn't resist!)

Actually, the loss is being borne by our maintenance company- the largest in the world, I believe. They would be the ones to sue. Since this has happened to them multiple times, I can't help but wonder if they aren't considering it. But that has to be offset by concerns that they are dependent upon Ford for certain data, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)