Heard a rumor that Dish would offer TurboHD to existing customers

I predict that Dish Network is going to lose a number of subscribers after the price increase of the basic package and LARGE price increase of the DDA.

Is there an explanation why the DVR function is going to go up so much in price?

I've heard slingbox will be integrated in some receivers... maybe slingbox features will be what raise the price by 10 dollars?

I predict that Dish Network is going to lose a number of subscribers after the price increase of the basic package and LARGE price increase of the DDA.

I predict the price increase by DirecTV will pretty well offset this.

What's real world? Most subs will get a $10 increase?

After 3,000,000 times of running this through my head and feeling mislead by various CSR's, why is it I'm being charged $71.00 a month for: AT200 (44.99) +$20.00 HD pkg. (silver and platinum)+$5.99 locals, when I've seen some figures of approx. $49.00 (I may be wrong) a month through DDA, which I am enrolled in? I know there are butt-loads of fees, but there can't be that many fees to make up the difference. Right?? Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help in clarifying this for me!

After 3,000,000 times of running this through my head and feeling mislead by various CSR's, why is it I'm being charged $71.00 a month for: AT200 (44.99) +$20.00 HD pkg. (silver and platinum)+$5.99 locals, when I've seen some figures of approx. $49.00 (I may be wrong) a month through DDA
The TurboHD plans we're talking about here are the stand-alone HD only packages defined here: TurboHD Plans

They cost less because you get less. In AT200 you get channels like Comedy Central and FOX News -- the TurboHD standalone plans only have the channels in HD. (and their direct SD counterpart, if it exists. so if you get DiscoveryHD, you also get Discovery in SD)

The confusing part with Dish is they seem to reference TurboHD for both their stand-alone HD plans and the add-on HD packages to the ATxxx plans.

Is there an explanation why the DVR function is going to go up so much in price?

I've heard slingbox will be integrated in some receivers... maybe slingbox features will be what raise the price by 10 dollars?

The DVR "function" is not going up. The DVR advantage "channel" packages are. No, slingbox has nothing to do with it.

I just changed to Turbo Silver DDA, with Platinum HD, multi sports pack, and HBO! I went from 92.00 to 72.00. Just an FYI the multi sports pack is available with HD only packs with both the SD and HD channels. So if the games are in SD you still get them. Nice switch and only channels I miss are Fox News and E!

I just changed to Turbo Silver DDA, with Platinum HD, multi sports pack, and HBO! I went from 92.00 to 72.00. Just an FYI the multi sports pack is available with HD only packs with both the SD and HD channels. So if the games are in SD you still get them. Nice switch and only channels I miss are Fox News and E!
WOW..I signed up for this with AT200,SilverHD and locals and my freakin' bill is $71.00! I called this morning and was told DDA bundled AT200 and locals only. I had to add 20.00 for HD. Again, what is going on here?? Edit: Am I being charged differently because I'm not "Turbo'd"

Last edited:
WOW..I signed up for this with AT200,SilverHD and locals and my freakin' bill is $71.00! I called this morning and was told DDA bundled AT200 and locals only. I had to add 20.00 for HD. Again, what is going on here?? Edit: Am I being charged differently because I'm not "Turbo'd"
No - you're being charged differently because you have AT200.

I suspect you have:

49.99 DDA AT200
10.00 SilverHD
10.00 PlatinumHD
69.99 Total

Now if you add tax ... you are probably looking at the $71 range.

You have the "Americal Top" package ... not the "TurboHD" package.

In your package you get a BUNCH of SD channels; hence, the 200 in AT200.

I suspect you have:

49.99 DDA AT200
10.00 SilverHD
10.00 PlatinumHD
69.99 Total

Now if you add tax ... you are probably looking at the $71 range.

You have the "Americal Top" package ... not the "TurboHD" package.

In your package you get a BUNCH of SD channels; hence, the 200 in AT200.
Thanks a bunch for clarifying! It's a shame (and great, too, in this instance, I guess) that people who don't even work for E* know more than those who do. Why am I surprised by this after being a E* customer for 7 yrs??:rolleyes::rolleyes: Jeez.. Thanks to you too, espaeth! :up

OK.. I am utterly confused. Looking at the link that was posted showing the differences between the Turbo HDs I see something that is rather odd:

They show SCI FI HD as a Gold channel (bolded with the emblem), however; it is also listed in bronze and silver. I am hoping that this is a mistake rather than a overt attempt to make it look like you are getting more than you are with the Gold.

I think Dish could make these packages a little more clear-cut. Access fee this, programming fee that, pkg. this, pkg. that, combine this and that minus this, plus that, Turbo this, etc., etc.. It took 3 online CSR chats to find out JACK CRAP when it took "theoak" a minute or 2 to explain it perfectly.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliment! :up

When I went HD this time last year ... I called Dish 3 or 4 times, used the Dish chat 3 or 4 times, and then found this board and posted a few questions too to get it all sorted out.

I agree ... all the fees and when they apply and not apply ... etc ... can make anyone's head spin :confused:

I think Dish could make these packages a little more clear-cut. Access fee this, programming fee that, pkg. this, pkg. that, combine this and that minus this, plus that, Turbo this, etc., etc.. It took 3 online CSR chats to find out JACK CRAP when it took "theoak" a minute or 2 to explain it perfectly.:rolleyes:

IMO, their website is a mess. They could do a better job in describing and showing their packages. Hopefully in February when they make the changes to their package names, things will be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)