Hearst Television Inc. blacks out DISH customers in 26 markets

Nice to get both my NBC and CW channels back. At the moment here my guide is showing the correct program info for the present hour and the rest just has removed from dish info. The overnight reboot I expect will update the guide.

Nice to get both my NBC and CW channels back. At the moment here my guide is showing the correct program info for the present hour and the rest just has removed from dish info. The overnight reboot I expect will update the guide.
Same here after getting nbc back only the present hour says the info they rest says wbal removed nbc11 from dish but I'm sure it'll fix itself tonight

You can also reset the receiver to get them back sooner. At this point it doesn't matter.
No dice after the nightly and a reseting the receiver myself

Attachments

• 14932958474381689986534.jpg
    14932958474381689986534.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 193
  • 14932958894441686004149.jpg
    14932958894441686004149.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: rwjga
Since the return of the formerly blocked out Hearst channel, it was an ABC affiliate in my area, all 'On Demand' options should again be available. Yes, then trying to catch-up on the episodes of Hearst (ABC) shows missed during the blackout should be easy, by using the 'On-Demand' feature.
In reality it gets trickier and puzzling. I go to the On Demand option of my H3, select browse by channel, select a series and then an episode from the blackout time period, up to here everything looks and acts normal. Now though when I highlight the 'watch On Demand' button and press select, nothing absolutely NOTHING happens, it is as if you are not even pushing any buttons. And just for more complete information I can watch other 'On Demand' programming when I do the same steps, but with these when I highlight and select 'watch on demand' it starts downloading that item.
Now to add a strange element to this problem/glitch. I can grab my tablet with the 'Dish anywhere' app and do the whole 'On Demand' thing as above and it works for viewing those episodes, I just do not watch to watch them on the tablet with it's smaller screen and associated mini speakers, I would prefer watching on my television with it's bigger screen size and better speakers.
I have called the phone CSRs and they have noted it, opened a file and sent it to the engineers.
I am now just curious if anyone else is having the same problem(s)?

Reactions: jamesjimcie
I'd bet both sides "blinked". It's called compromise and happens in business every time. Hearst came down from what they were asking for and Dish went up from what they said they would pay.

Sometimes. I don't see it that way this time. Obviously we do not know but given the timing it is more likely to me that Hearst locals decided they did not want to be off DISH during sweeps. Or they realized DISH really had no intention of any substantial change in offers. On the other hand, there is little to sometimes nothing coming up on the Networks this time of year. (Always a few excepts like AGT that is popular) DISH went this long I don't think they had anything change to drive them to a deal - at this particular time.

I want everyone to know that I solved the DISH vs Hearst dispute.

You might be thinking, "How did he solve the impasse?"

I spent the early day in the garage digging out old antenna's. Then I spent the afternoon in the yard and up and down off the roof assembling antenna's and testing parts. About 2 hours after I finished getting the antenna up on the hot roof and in working order, then, POOF, dispute resolved.

I want everyone to know that I solved the DISH vs Hearst dispute
I spent the early day in the garage digging out old antenna's. Then I spent the afternoon in the yard and up and down off the roof assembling antenna's and testing parts. About 2 hours after I finished getting the antenna up on the hot roof and in working order, then, POOF, dispute resolved.
I wish you would have did it 6 weeks ago. :)

Reactions: Tampa8
I want everyone to know that I solved the DISH vs Hearst dispute.

Please, next time something needs to be resolved spend the weekend finding a way around it sooner. Perhaps if you spend days finding a way around the guide/recording problems that too will then be fixed. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)