Heat Lose 15th In a Row

Salsa ... What's it going to take to turn your team around? :confused:

Hmmmm...let's see, we have a healthy, but tired Dwayne Wade....let's see...oh yeah, Magic Johnson, Carl Malone, and Labron James....all in their prime...LOL

There will be no relief until salary cap relief and THAT won't be till the 2009 season...at the earliest.

They have been leading by 5 points or more in the 4th quarter in 10 of 15 games they have lost....and of course, they have lost them all. THAT is the difference between a good team and a bad team....on off nights, good team KNOW how to win those games....bad teams don't. I was at the game last night and San Antonio looked OLD and SLOW...and extremely beatable...and yet, because they are a great team...they could pull out the win without being their best.

Hard to believe that this team were the NBA champions just a year and a half ago.

Not really...that team was built for RIGHT NOW...sort of. The nucleus of the team was two young guys(Wade and Haslim) and 3 olds guys. With some not so old guys coming off the bench. Well, the not so old guys were either delt or went away by free agency and the old guys became really old AND brokendown guys......so, that leave the bulk of the good play on two guys, Wade for scoring and Haslim for rebounds and defense.....too much on only two guys. THAT equals an 8-33 record....:(

Maybe it's time to trade Shaq to a team where he can contribute off the bench. Good luck trying to unload the king's ransom of a contract he has, though.

Maybe it's time to trade Shaq to a team where he can contribute off the bench. Good luck trying to unload the king's ransom of a contract he has, though.

I think the issue with Shaq is he has done a piss-poor job of taking care of his body. Let's be honest here, IF Shaq had been taken care of himself and not let it turn into lazy....he would STILL be a very good center(not great, but good and better than most in the league) and the Heat would be about .500....still within striking distance of the top teams in the Southeast. BUT, as the ole saying goes..."shoulda, woulda, coulda and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle...."

LOL!!

I think Shaq should do the "right thing" and either step down or agree to a lower salary for the final two years of his contract. He simply isn't playing like a 40 million dollar player. He had a duty to be in shape to collect that obscene amount of money. I'd be shocked if his contract doesn't have a fitness clause in it.

I think the issue with Shaq is he has done a piss-poor job of taking care of his body. Let's be honest here, IF Shaq had been taken care of himself and not let it turn into lazy....he would STILL be a very good center(not great, but good and better than most in the league) and the Heat would be about .500....still within striking distance of the top teams in the Southeast. BUT, as the ole saying goes..."shoulda, woulda, coulda and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle...."

LOL!!

can't believe nobody has thought of the one thing thats changed. Stan VanGundy is not there Pat riley is the problem here.He takes a winning team from VanGundy then turns around and makes VanGundy his advisor.now VanGundy is in orlando,duing well I might add. look at orlando's record.been here awhile just never posted,names moneyman.

Yeah, watched the game for awhile. Thought they could get it done and get a win. Nope, too much SA and Heat shots went cold.

can't believe nobody has thought of the one thing thats changed. Stan VanGundy is not there Pat riley is the problem here.He takes a winning team from VanGundy then turns around and makes VanGundy his advisor.now VanGundy is in orlando,duing well I might add. look at orlando's record.been here awhile just never posted,names moneyman.

Sorry....but the Van Gundy teams were decent teams but they were NOT gonna win an NBA Championship....and I LIKE Van Gundy. Let's face it, the team got old REALLY FAST and the few players that WEREN'T old...bolted to greener pastures.. The ONE thing I must say that Riley did NOT address is there isn't a SINLGE SHOOTER on the Heat...ALL slashers with limited shooting range outside of 18 ft. THAT is what made Wade better....

See Salsa, I warned you what would happen to your team, if they didn't make changes, last summer. You poohed me off, saying they would be just fine.:D

They WERE fine...under the assumption that Shaq and Wade were healthy. AND the team did not get old. But NONE of that happened. NO WADE till almost mid-November and a fat, outta-shape Shaq to begin the season. Which in turn, became OLD, outta-shape Shaq. SO, to start the season, you have old, outta-shape Shaq, no Wade and no shooters in the perimeter....and that equals EXACTLY where they are today. 9-33!

The math IS pretty easy.:(

Well I'll admit I didn't see 9-33 coming. But I did tell you the Heat were going to be out of the playoffs quickly, this season, and some of the other guys (gals), said that Shaq was on his way down. Some were not that subtle.

Figures, the crappy Pacers would figure out a way to break the streak. Talk about a dropoff from a few years ago.... no one here even cares about them any more, between the bad play on the court and the issues off of it (not to mention the recent success of the Colts).

You guys keep fooling yourself the heat are not a bad team.They are just a badly coached team.They are in every game until the end.There have been teams that have been in the same situation as the heat and played thru it .Thats where coaching comes in,knowing how to use your bench.Riley put that team together,so he should know how to maximize their abilities.Look at what he did before Van Gundy took over that team and you will see a trend with Riley and how he does things.So before you blame the players check Riley's history!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts