Heavy Handed Treatment

M

Mojoseeker

Apr 13, 2004
Ocean Shores, WA
VOOM just informed me that, even tho I have an email from John McKee, Senior Vice President, Customer Operations, that my FREE preview expired March 31 and I needed to select a VOOM package, that they were going to charge me starting the day I signed up for VOOM in February. My M/C bill is for two months. This is not what I understood and not what the Sears people told me when I signed on. It was my understanding that I would not be charged for the 30 day free trial period. It seems to me that if there was/is a lack of knowledge at Sears stores concerning VOOM and its implementation, this is VOOMs fault, not mine. The email that I received from VOOM on the 26th of March supported the 30 day trial period. However, the VOOM person I talked to claimed that that email went out in error. Again, VOOM fault, not mine. I just don't understand how a company can make these type of major mistakes and make the customer suffer for them. Any other honest, reputable company would err in favor of the customer. I will not support a company that strong arms customers the way VOOM is doing. I told the young man to have them pick up the VOOM equipment. He apologized and said there was nothing he could do. So another VOOM customers bails.

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Mojoseeker,

when did you sign up for VOOM? When was your installation date?

M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Won't do any good. They honestly could care less at Sears.

M

Mojoseeker

Apr 13, 2004
Ocean Shores, WA
Faith Restored

My faith in VOOM has been restored. After being told that "there was nothing they could do" I got a very nice call from Lori Hinchman at Voom that told me that I would not be charged for the "free period". Now this is the type of company I enjoy doing business with. I just wish the individual I talked to at customer service this am would have been as understanding and not used "sorry, there is nothing I can do about it". I understand Wilt helped with this and for that, I thank you.

vurbano

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
good, Id hate to see voom lose a customer over dispute like that.

B

Bukowski

Mar 3, 2004
seandudley said:
Glad to hear that things got straightened out for you!
ditto! :)

I have the same problem,- billed for the "Free 'til 03/31/04 Period."

I also called & had a CSR give me the "Can't do anything..." speech. Pretty weeny!

Hung-up & found the 1st & last name of the original CSR who helped me sign-up with VoOM originally, offering me the free 'til 03/31. Time for VoOM to get a leash on their percentage-making CSRs. Calling back soon:

1. VoOM will be honoring these "Free Periods."

2. If others are having this trouble, let's get a list together.