Heavy Handed Treatment

Mojoseeker

Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Ocean Shores, WA
VOOM just informed me that, even tho I have an email from John McKee, Senior Vice President, Customer Operations, that my FREE preview expired March 31 and I needed to select a VOOM package, that they were going to charge me starting the day I signed up for VOOM in February. My M/C bill is for two months. This is not what I understood and not what the Sears people told me when I signed on. It was my understanding that I would not be charged for the 30 day free trial period. It seems to me that if there was/is a lack of knowledge at Sears stores concerning VOOM and its implementation, this is VOOMs fault, not mine. The email that I received from VOOM on the 26th of March supported the 30 day trial period. However, the VOOM person I talked to claimed that that email went out in error. Again, VOOM fault, not mine. I just don't understand how a company can make these type of major mistakes and make the customer suffer for them. Any other honest, reputable company would err in favor of the customer. I will not support a company that strong arms customers the way VOOM is doing. I told the young man to have them pick up the VOOM equipment. He apologized and said there was nothing he could do. So another VOOM customers bails.

Faith Restored

My faith in VOOM has been restored. After being told that "there was nothing they could do" I got a very nice call from Lori Hinchman at Voom that told me that I would not be charged for the "free period". Now this is the type of company I enjoy doing business with. I just wish the individual I talked to at customer service this am would have been as understanding and not used "sorry, there is nothing I can do about it". I understand Wilt helped with this and for that, I thank you.

seandudley said:
Glad to hear that things got straightened out for you!
ditto! :)

I have the same problem,- billed for the "Free 'til 03/31/04 Period."

I also called & had a CSR give me the "Can't do anything..." speech. Pretty weeny!

Hung-up & found the 1st & last name of the original CSR who helped me sign-up with VoOM originally, offering me the free 'til 03/31. Time for VoOM to get a leash on their percentage-making CSRs. Calling back soon:

1. VoOM will be honoring these "Free Periods."

2. If others are having this trouble, let's get a list together.