Hello DISH! (Comcast rates to go up effective June to $80.99/mth!)

David D.

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
N.E. Ohio (Lake county)
I had DISH and dropped them for VOOM. We liked VOOM, that is for 7 weeks or so until they went dark. We went to Comcast's "drop the dish offer" for $47/mth.

The new prices went up in the last statement we received the other day. In todays mail , we were told that the prices go up again to $80.99 effective June 2006.

I have been holding off on the shoot out between D* and E*, looks like D* never delivered their mega HD promises, so hello DISH GOLD package @ $69, here we come!

Does the ViP211 not deliver the best HD picture? ? What about the $299 upgrade ViP622? Is it worth it?

Thanks,

David D.

Last edited:
Look at all of DISH's new fees, lease fees,DVR fees HDTV fees the $10 difference from Comcast may disappear. Look at the last sticky in this forum.

boba said:
Look at all of DISH's new fees, lease fees,DVR fees HDTV fees the $10 difference from Comcast may disappear. Look at the last sticky in this forum.

DISH offers a lot more HD than Comcast, and they are now less expensive.
I believe the ViP211 is fine for us, when we had the PVR, we seldom utilized that feature. (DISH wants $299 for the ViP622 lease upgrade? I'll pass on this.)
~​

David D. said:
DISH offers a lot more HD than Comcast, and they are now less expensive.
I believe the ViP211 is fine for us, when we had the PVR, we seldom utilized that feature. (DISH wants $299 for the ViP622 lease upgrade? I'll pass on this.)
~​
I'm just trying to tell you there is more costs involved than just the monthly programming fee and the information is posted in this forum to make an intelligent decesion. What ever you do is your decesion and you hopefully will be happy with that decesion.:)

Both receivers have great picture quality when they work. They are still working out the bugs as expected. Which one to get the 622 or 211? It all depends on your needs and only you can answer that question. There are a lot of new fees with E* but nothing like Comcrap so you may want to look at BFG sticky and look for the fees.

Yeah Cox went up also in the midwest also. Yeah I still think Dish is the best out there for your money. If you want HD they have more than anyone and will be that way mainly due to Voom. I plan on trying to get my cuz on Dish out in NC due to cable out there is also very high.

Got the letter from Comcast yesterday with the new rates begining in June. Contemplating what to do---------. Heading off on vacation for nine days now. Will make a decision later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)