Starz Free Preview (April 28-May 1)

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Hmmmm...a free preview from 4/28 - 5/1.... could we see Starz HD added around that time frame??? (staff answer - no.)

Last edited by a moderator:
:)
John Kotches said:
I thought that ENCORE-HD closed its doors. Am I mistaken about that?
Yes, they shut down the channel a few weeks prior to VOOM going off the air but, as I recall, they promised to revive the channel when there was more demand for HD. Wouldn't it be nice to see StarzHD and EncoreHD go live on DishHD in the coming weeks!

stone phillips420 said:
the free preview wont be available to family pack sub or public info pack subs either

And don't forget those with locals only as well. Now, that everyone all have been informed, No gripping and bitching because we get to see it and you don't. Well I guess you can, but all we will do is laugh at you and call you names!! :D

Starz free preview from 4/28 - 5/1 on Dish in HD?

Any idea if this will be the time that Dish Network premiers Starz HD? This would be the perfect time! Just do it already!

I have gotten word that Starz HD will be added at our around Team Summit (which will be the first week of June)

I do however think that it would be best if they launched it for the free preview. :)

Well it seems dish is only adding channels in "MPEG4" now anyways, so I wonder how it's gonan work out when they add it, folks with starz, but without vip receivers would have to upgrade

From http://www.skyretailer.com/ 4/18/2006

Starz Entertainment Group and EchoStar are offering an exclusive free preview weekend to DISH Network customers from 6 a.m. ET on Friday, April 28 to midnight ET Monday, May 1. DISH Network customers who subscribe to the Starz Movie Pack during the weekend are eligible to receive a $25 prepaid Visa card.

Doug Williams, host of Starz InBlack's original comedy series "The 1st Amendment Stand-up," will host the free preview weekend highlighting eight channels in the Starz Movie Pack including Starz East, Starz Cinema East, Starz Cinema West, Starz InBlack, Starz Edge, Starz Kids & Family and Encore East.
Hollywood blockbuster hits exclusive to the Starz Movie Pack airing during the free preview weekend include Stealth, A Lot Like Love, Christmas with the Kranks, Herbie: Fully Loaded, Hitch, Sin City, XXX: State of the Union, Are We There Yet?, National Treasure, Finding Neverland, Blade: Trinity and Ladder 49. DISH Network customers who sign up for the Starz Movie Pack from Saturday, April 15 through Friday, June 30 are also eligible to receive the $25 prepaid Visa card (requires minimum three month Starz Movie Pack paid subscription with DISH Network).

In related news, Starz Cinema is hosting the world television premiere of Walk On Water Saturday, April 22 at 10 p.m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)