Hello everyone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fta_newbie

Jan 31, 2007
name is Dan as my nick says I'm new to the interesting world of FTA I been researching about fta on the net for a few days and the more I read the more interested I become and I thank God for finding this wonderful site because I think you guys are going to be a great help to me and I thank you in advance for it
ok this is the deal
I want to be able to get fta spanish channels from USA and Mexico
From what I've read most of the channels come on satmex5 (mexico) and Galaxy10R (USA)
A few come on pas3r ,galaxy16 IA6 americas13 and satmex6
I would like to know what equipment will work the best for me and also in what direction do I need to point the dish I undestand is southwest but I need the exact numbers: elevation and skew I was planning to buy the m2 system on this page http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Satellite-systems/Motorized-Systems.htm
but I not shure if that would serve my purpose
I live in harrisonburg va 22801
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanx for everything

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
:welcome to the forum

the system you picked should get several satellites
also at the top of the FTA forum is a giveaway ending sometime today

some of the guys will post the other information you requested

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Welcome to the SatelliteGuys Forum!

Most of the Mexican channels are found on C-band, so if you have the room to install a larger 2.4 meter dish with a C-band LNBF you will receive many channels originating internationally. We sell many systems to customers purchasing C-band set-ups and installing in a fixed position for the 40 Spanish channels on SatMex 5.

fta_newbie

Jan 31, 2007
I rent so thats going to be a problem land lord permits small dishes like dish network and direct tv but I dont think he would let me put up a 2 meter dish in other words Im screwed unless there is another way to do it but thanx satelliteav and tngtony i will move my posting to the fta area thanx thanx gabshere

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Welcome to the Forum Dan

Dan Welcome to the forum, I use a 90 cm motorized dish w/ Coolsat 5000 receiver and I get a good deal of Spanish stations, definitely not as many as C-band offers, and I don't know how many Spanish stations you pick up OTA in harrisonburg va 22801 , but I'm sure you'll be adding quite a bit of channels.

You are in a good location, the satellites you need are not all in the southwest, you will be using the whole sky on the arc in just about every Southeast to Southwest direction with a motorized setup, just make sure the location you pick doesn't have any obstructions to maximize your viewing needs.

You will pickup 6 channels from Cuba, some from Spain including Canary Islands ,several from Argentina,3 from Mexico, 1 from Colombia, and several Univision-Telefutura from different cities in U.S. , not including the Televisa feeds found on Pas 3R, and that's just TV channels , there are some radio stations too.

I'm not too familiar with Geosat Pro but there is a link in RED just above from one of our sponsors.Satellite AV they have a Killer deal on a system that looks pretty sweet.
Check it out. http://satelliteav.com/shop/item/DEA-SYS2

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Welcome Dan

The M2 system is an excellent system that will get you most of the FTA Spanish channels on KU-Band.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we will be happy to help you here and on our tech forums.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
edited from PM:
fta_newbie said:
... another question I was about to ask about the dish and that is if a 1.2 meter dish and an invacom circular/linear Ku lnb would work better than the dish offered in the packege at sadoun ?
The price difference to ship a 36" dish instead of a 30" is next to nothing.
To ship a 48" dish is a hell of a lot of money!
If you are close to Sadoun, go pick it up.
If you are on the west coast, I'll show you where to go.
But shipping on even the 1m dishes (39..40") gets seriously crazy!

When I bought from Sadoun, I upgraded my package to 36" and the little Invacom.
If you need multiple outputs or need circular, that's another matter.
I didn't want circular, didn't need multiple outputs, and sure didn't want to pay the freight on the big Invacom.
Your mileage may vary.

fta_newbie

Jan 31, 2007
thankx alot guys

ok I decided to get a motorized 1.2 meter dish hopefully the landlord wont have a problem with it also I will get an invacom circular/linear ku lnb
and a fortec mercury II receiver and start praying lol let me know if you see any problems with this package thanx
I feel like a little kid thats about to receive a new toy Im so excited !

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
as long as you have an exclusive area (patio/deck) and the dish is 1 meter or less, the FCC covers you under OTARD. Once you get above that, then OTARD doesn't cover you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts