Hello from a Mediacom employee!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scooter2479

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
La Plata,Mo
Hello everyone. My name is Scott and I work from Mediacom Cable in Springfield,Mo. I'm here to help with your cable tv problems. If you need anything, please feel free to post or send me a pm. I'll be glad to help you as best I can. Thanks.

Scott

hey there scooter and thank you man for coming to post ...
Thank you and hope that we can help people

scooter2479 said:
Hello everyone. My name is Scott and I work from Mediacom Cable in Springfield,Mo. I'm here to help with your cable tv problems. If you need anything, please feel free to post or send me a pm. I'll be glad to help you as best I can. Thanks.

Scott
Welcome aboard, Scott! Thanks for offering your help!

Hey Scott, thanks for posting. What is the status of HD locals. Is this something that is available to some Mediacom locations? It isn't here. I guess they are having negotiations with locals, but the cost is too high as of yet.

Tom

Hey Scott,
I would like to shake your hand! Your the first Mediacom person I have heard willing to help someone... I was here looking at the voom/dish info and saw this mediacom forum. So I just had to register and put in my two cents. I moved into my new house the middle of last year, this is the first time I have been in a mediacom area. I was told in two weeks I would have service from the guy that showed up in his van, Well 1 year later.... Nothing!!! Calling is like talking to the wall. They said the supervisor would call me, never did. There repeating excuse from there computer screen - Iam more than 500ft away from the closest drop. They have an amplifier on the corner, come off that up the pole, then over two poles and I would have service. Guess I'll never see it, I thought they had an agreement with the county to provide the residents with service, thats what keeps the surrounding Cox cable out? Anyway some of the guys in the shop had them, said the signal wasnt very good, they went to DirectTV. I personally like Dish. So Iam happy in the long run with sat and DSL. But guess Mediacom is happy without my $120.00 a month for premium cahnnels and cable modem. Anyway sure wish you were here in my area :) Hope you dont mind me posting, Iam not really a Mediacom customer - but Iam in the Mediacom area... This is a nice site, I'll be visiting from now on....

Hey Scott,

I'm with mediacom in Columbia missouri and was curious if you had any news about HD locals in my market. Currently, we have the local ABC and PBS affiliates along with the
HD tier(ESPN HD, HD NET/MOVIES, Universal, Discovery HD) and the HD feeds of HBO, Starz and Showtime.......if you subscribe to those premiums. More channels in the HD tier would be nice, but the "Local networks" in HD should be a top priority IMO.

Local channels in each area is a tricky thing. We have to get an agreement with every local market we are in. Some of them want money and some don't.

As far as Columbia, Haven't heard anything in awhile. Last I heard we were all talking but nothing reached.

HDMI - DCT6412-2300

Hi.
I Just Bought A 46 Inch Sony Bravia with 3 hdmi inputs yesterday
and earlier today i went to my local mediacom service place
to exchange my old analog cable box for a new DCT6412-2300
with And Hdmi Output
but, For Some reason the hdmi output wont work

Please Help!!
All Advice Appreciated!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts