Hello from Indianapolis

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
I just found this site through Yahoo! search. I have just moved to the northside of Indianapolis from Washington DC. I just had my Dish service installed a few days ago. I have had cable since 1976. I got the high def DVR for my two Sony HDTVs and all the sports programming they offfered, except for the foreign stuff. When I was talking to the service representative about all the packages she told me Indianapolis would have the local high def channels sometime this year and they would just appear without notice and would not cost me anymore than the $200+ I am paying now per month.

Welcome. :welcome

If you have Dish locals, you'll automatically get the digitals when they become available in your area.

Welcome DISHMAN!

Being in Indianapolis you will find all your Locals readily available Over-The-Air from a simple inside antenna if you don't want one outside. Indianapolis is one of the most friendly HD Cities around with all the local channels all lined up. You should have no issues hooking up to your DVR and enjoy great HD programing that may be better PQ that DISH, when Locals become available.

Do a search and find how to purchase your OTA antenna (so you can return it if not happy) and aim it. Start enjoying them today. No reason to wait on DISH! Good Luck....

Iceberg said:
the only thing is he would need a new dish. Indy is going to be on 118.7

I called AT&T after I read your reply. The tech person said I would not need a new dish when the high def locals were up, but could not tell me why. I mentioned 118.7 and he said that might or might not be used for Indianapolis. He told me not to worry about it and suggested I might want to get an outside antenna for the time being to get the high def locals.

rickaren said:
Welcome DISHMAN!

Being in Indianapolis you will find all your Locals readily available Over-The-Air from a simple inside antenna if you don't want one outside. Indianapolis is one of the most friendly HD Cities around with all the local channels all lined up. You should have no issues hooking up to your DVR and enjoy great HD programing that may be better PQ that DISH, when Locals become available.

Do a search and find how to purchase your OTA antenna (so you can return it if not happy) and aim it. Start enjoying them today. No reason to wait on DISH! Good Luck....

I found a site called AntennaWeb and after I entered my address it suggested some kind of antennas I might need. I am going to the Best Buy in Castleton this weekend with the printout to see if they can hook me up with the one I need.

AT&TDishman said:
I found a site called AntennaWeb and after I entered my address it suggested some kind of antennas I might need. I am going to the Best Buy in Castleton this weekend with the printout to see if they can hook me up with the one I need.

As long as they have a good return policy you should be O.K. But Lowe's, Home Depot, Radio Shack and even WalMart may be a better choice with their no questions asked returns. But again you should not have a problem. Good Luck and enjoy all the great HD offered in Indianapolis!

Hey Dishman,

Since you said you're going to Castleton to get an antenna, I assume you live in that area. I live in Fishers, and I get ALL the local HD affiliates (even two PBS HDs) with a set of amplified rabbit ears made by RCA sitting on top of my TV (and my TV is even in the basement). I paid $40 at Home Depot for it. You might try that first instead of trying a more expensive solution. You can always return the rabbit ears if they don't work for you.

Last edited:
Dishman,

I'll a recent install in Columbus Indiana. If you are wanting to get HD locals, you WILL have to have a 1000+ since they will be on 118, but there is no answer to when that will be.

BTW. If you going for local OTA, the channel master 4228 would be a great antenna for you, but has to go outside.

pduncan said:
Dishman,

BTW. If you going for local OTA, the channel master 4228 would be a great antenna for you, but has to go outside.

I concur. I live in Fishers and have one of these in my attic. Get great OTA reception. The Channel Master 4228 is avaialble at Fry's electronics at the 96th street exit off of I69. You'll still be able to record OTA on your DVR with no problem.

Does anyone get WCLJ 42 on their 622 in the INDY area? I get it but I have guide data that will list FOX 43 news each night in Primetime. Really weird.

drummerguy said:
Hey Dishman,

Since you said you're going to Castleton to get an antenna, I assume you live in that area. I live in Fishers, and I get ALL the local HD affiliates (even two PBS HDs) with a set of amplified rabbit ears made by RCA sitting on top of my TV (and my TV is even in the basement). I paid $40 at Home Depot for it. You might try that first instead of trying a more expensive solution. You can always return the rabbit ears if they don't work for you.

I live in Williams Creek. Money is no object.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)