Help...722 failing

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hello,

i think my 722 is failing, its been rebooting every 5 minutes to 30 min since last night.

my question is:
how do i best go about getting a replacement?

do i need the monthly protection plan?

advice is greatly appreciated.

You can order DHPP today. However tomorrow, new pricing take effect and there will be a charge for dropping it whereas there was not before. I don't off hand remember the charge...$10.00? If you don't get DHPP, you will be charged $16.00 for shipping. Whichever you decide, call Dish and get to Tech support. Warning, I have NEVER had much luck with them on Sundays...a lot of troubleshooting BS and no resolve. Maybe wait til tomorrow.

so $5.99 gets me free shipping? what a joke!

any tips to get a new unit without going thru all the troublshooting?

i did all the regular stuff, unplug ,hit power 10 times. try other outlets.

thanks for the info/advice

What did it cost? Did they make you go through all the hoops before deciding to send you a replacement?
Dan

signed up for dhpp waited about an hour and then did web chat.

told them the unit is constantly rebooting,told then i tried resetting,tried different outlets,
he asked me turn it on, i said i cant it just runs highspeed fanand green light blinks,took 2-3 minutes before he said he would have to replace the unit, total web chattime was around 20 minutes.

he said he could send it for wednesday delivery for free,or overnight monday for tuesday delivery for $24.95. i took free wednesday shipping.

so far it costs me 5.99 for a month of dhpp....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts