Help a newbie out please

Trindle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Help a newbie out please is this the forum for this ?

:hungry: just got two 211's and one 322 installed and I want to add OTA from my old voom weinguard antenna. The installer put up I believe dish 500 and then a four port switch with three lines coming form the dish to the switch and then off the switch he added three diplexors.

My question is did he need the diplexors at all ? doesnt the dish and the switch do all the work ? and secondly what would I do to add the weinguard in? put a diplexor at the dish and another at each reiever ? or what see my confusion!!!!!

Help thanks

Last edited:
I'm confused as well.

With 211's you should have either a Dish1000 or 2 Dish500's (or a superdish and a dish500) with one pointed at 61.5.

Sounds like you might have a Dish1000 and a DP34. I still don't see why he would use diplexors at the switch.

Check the check switch screen to see what you have listed. Also if you can look at the dish or dishes and tell us what they are.

That doesnt make much sense to me either. If you have a 211 and HD indeed you need a dish 1000 or 2 dish 500s. There is no reason to have diplexors for the 211's that I can see. The 322 could be diplexed if you are running your tv2 back out through the same cable feeding the 322.

As for your antenna you can connect it to a diplexor and feed your receiver with the OTA signal. You just wire it into the VHF port on the diplexor outside and put another diplexor at the receiver, running it from the vhf port to the antenna port on your receiver.

I hope Trindle gives us more info....not sure what to answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)