Help adding OTA antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mAcpo

Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Hello, I am new to posting here but I have been reading this forum for a week now just soaking up all the great information and tips!

I just purchased the el cheapo radioshack U-75R. I put it together, layed it in my attic and ran RG6 down to my samsung LN-T4042H with built in ATSC tuner. I was not expecting much because I am located in zip 60545 (Plano IL) and antennaweb.org has most the channels listed in the red zone. To my suprise I get everything except channel 2 (which is a very common problem even for people in downtown chicago)..

Now I would like to find out if its possible for me to somehow wire this antenna in to my existing satellite setup. I have attached an illustration of how my house is currently setup.. it was much easier to draw than try to explain with words..

Just an FYI I have an eagle aspen S-2180-CE+ (3x8 multiswitch) just laying around if anyone thinks it could come in handy for what im doing?

Attachments

• tvsetup.gif
    tvsetup.gif
    73.1 KB · Views: 210
Thanks dfergie! And just in case my attachment did not work, heres an imageshack link:

thanks dfergie!

Just in case my attachment isn't working... here is an imageshack link

Thanks dfergie! You probably caught my posts in the spam bin I take it :)

Im pretty sure my attachment is viewable now?

So, are you seeing KOCT-DT now. Does KOAT have any plans to pass HD down to the little people in SENM?

Last edited:
Well here is what I ended up doing..
I figured out that it would be impossible to fish another coax cable through to the Living Room outlet, since its ran across the finished ceiling. And since I am in a town house with a very strict HOA, I can not run it outside.

If you look at my tv setup attachment in my first post, you can follow along..

I moved the master bedroom/2nd bedroom to one diplexer
And I then added the OTA antenna into the first diplexer VHF/UHF.. This means no tv for me on the loft computer, but I hardly watch it there anyway. This also means no dual tuner DVR, since I am now diplexing the OTA antenna down to the Living Room, there is no way for me to plug in to the DVR box's TV2 jack.

At least I have all my locals in HD at 85-90 percent signal (except channel 2), and a working DVR on my main TV.

Im still open to suggestions!
Thanks

If you have dishnetwork you can not use the 3x8 sw, with all the diplexers and splitters in that mess your signal in going to be nill and most TVs

Matt
Channel 2 is Hit or miss , even with the big antenna I have , The winegard HD8200p , cbs 2 is spotty. That vu90xr should work well in the attic. I have one on my roof and gets everything except cbs 2 fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts