Help before I subscribe.......Very newby

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CallHome

Original poster
May 18, 2006
Hello,
I am planning on subscribing to Dish Network.
I currently have 2 rooms with tvs.

Would it be best to get the three room install 1 dual standard receiver (for living room with the intent of possibly adding a tv to computer room) and 1 single standard for bedroom.

Also should I request something better(1000 or super dish) than their standard dish with the intention of growing into HD in a couple of years. Every "sales" person seems to think their standard dish will give me good enough reception.
I live in a four season state, clouds, rain snow and some sun.

Right now all I want is the 180 channel package with locals, and if i'm happy with satalite tv I'd like to add movie channels and HD when I finally get that HD hang em on the wall tv I want.

Thanks....
CH

Welcome to Satguys ;) Sounds like you need a 625 with a 311... A standard dish will do you fine for now unitll you upgrade to hd. when they do upgrade you they will take care of the dish upgrade at that time :)

Also note: it mite be more benifical for you to upgrade to hd now and get everything taken care of in one shot depending on your situation. In that situation you would most likely want a 622 with a 311 but take note that there is a 299 fee to lease a 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)