HELP - C-Band Cutting Out Every 10 Seconds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmcglynn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Hello,

I posted a question here last month that helped me troubleshoot an issue I was having with several C-Band satellites that led back to a 3.5GHz Internet Service that I was using. After switching o 2.5 GHz for the Internet, that problem was solved.

Starting last night, I am noticing a new problem. Now, at exact intervals of 10 seconds, the C-Band picture breaks up. On G1, I notice a slight blip in signal as well as in Quality. On the other birds, I notice a slight dip in Quality.

I see the issue on all satellites across the arc, as well as on both my AzBox and DSR-920.

I tried disconnecting my WiFi device, as well as other devices nearby to elimintate the issue. Since the interruption comes up at exact intervals, I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas on troubleshooting tips.

Ku Band on the LNBF works perfectly fine.

Any suggestions on where to look? We do have a small airport about 3-4 KM away ( the Dish is pointed between 90 and 180 degrees away from the Airport).

This just started last night - never seen this before.

Brian

......exact intervals of 10 seconds.......

Some form of terrestrial interferrence, like radar or phone link.

Had a similar problem with my in-laws TVRO system back in the 1980's. Wound up building a 10'x10' aluminum window screen wire shield on a PVC pipe frame between their dish and the source, which was a terrestrial microwave phone company tower.

I see your listed as being in Ottawa (I'm down in Peterborough)
Has the issue cleared up now that G8G20 has left?
I was getting intermittent errors on both my dishes till about 6pm every night it was on that thankfully seems to have cleared up now that they moved out

Climbatize said:
I see your listed as being in Ottawa (I'm down in Peterborough)
Has the issue cleared up now that G8G20 has left?
I was getting intermittent errors on both my dishes till about 6pm every night it was on that thankfully seems to have cleared up now that they moved out
Conspiracy to block out outr tv's LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)