Help! cannot turn on my console.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Well just few minutes ago I tried to start up my PS3 to play Motostorm, my controller wouldn't respond, usually I turn on my PS3 with my controller(I don't like to touch my PS3 to turn it on fingerprints ftl) and it doesn't work, the controller has charge but nothing happens, I go and turn it on manually (touching the PS3) and it works, but my controller doesn't respond.
I have an extended warranty with gamecrazy that I purchased, do you guys think I can just switch my PS3 controller if it was my controller fault? Id hate to give up my PS3 since its my first baby(release date), and all the date I have saved, it be too much hassle.

Also I've tried attaching my controller to the PS3 with the cable and it didn't work either.
I've experienced a similiar problem before, but it was because the controller was out of charge and it worked, last night I was playing on my PS3 and it had full charge.
Please help if there is a fix that I can find for this.
Its 11:13pm PST here, I may call my local gamecrazy and see what they say.

PS: Earlier on I was saying my PS3 been working great all this time with no problem, and this ***** had to just happen to me just now..

Try inserting the end of a paper clip in the small hole on the back of the controller. Just right of center. Stick it in as far as it will go, and hold it there for a few seconds. Pull out the paperclip and try to turn on the console from thecontroller. I expect this will work for you

hpman247, do you mean inserting the paperclip where the USB hole is at in the controller? because when I am faving my controller I don't see no holes, only hole I see to get inside the controller is the front side.
also is this procedure safe?

hpman247, do you mean inserting the paperclip where the USB hole is at in the controller? because when I am faving my controller I don't see no holes, only hole I see to get inside the controller is the front side.
also is this procedure safe?

NVM that, looks like its working again. I never knew about the little hole in the back, thanks hpman247!

BTW, you need to be more careful with the names of your threads in the future...I'm surprised the 360 guys weren't all over this one, thinking they finally had a "dead" PS3 to point to... :D

Dual Shock 3 price

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)