HELP, EHD---MIA

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
My WD Essentials 1.5TB EHD failed me this morning. My Hopper menu shows the External Device but when I tried to transfer a movie to it I got the message that the EHD was full. I knew that was not possible. I clicked on the External Device and got the message No Items to View. I unplugged everything and insured all was tight. Same messages. I did a cold Hopper reboot by unplugging everything from the wall and waiting a couple of minutes. Same messages. At this point should I consider my EHD dead or is there anything else I can do to revive it or test it? I'm not very good with computers buy I do have a desk top and a lap top if that helps. Thanks.

I would call dish and ask them to send a hit to your system. Then I would perform all those steps over again. The hit takes under 2 minutes, and they don't have to stay on the line after they send it.

Hell, even tvs lock up now. It's really any electronics that has to think. Just like you, sometimes it needs to take a nap(reset). Luckily doesn't need 8 hours a night.

I have had to do that, but I suspect for other reasons. The jackass who owned my home before me, decided to higher the discount electrician. Last Veterans Day, some very nice people wanted to help a wounded veteran with their needs at home, and built me a beautiful garden, fixed all my electrical, and built me an outstanding wooden patio cover for my backyard. That did wonders compared to the aluminum one that was there before, in the AZ summers, I can now breathe when i smoke(yes I get the irony)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)