Help from DIRT on Old Gold Metal Package

Charise

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Arkansas
What channels are still available to people who have a "gold" account. My mom thinks she has lost Big 10, Animal Planet, and National Geographic (possibly FX also). She doesn't see any of those channels in her "my channels" guide. I looked on the dish.com web site, and those channels are still supposed to be included. I know I read something about changes to BTN recently, but I don't recall the changes and can't find those threads. She watches WI and IA basketball and football.

What channels is she supposed to be getting?

Thanks!!

Charise

on the mydish site it shows these are in Gold
TNT
AXS TV
ESPN2
NHL Network
USA
BIO
Food Network
Science
Cartoon Network (East)
Bravo
Golf Channel
Spike TV
TBS
CBS Sports Network
Hallmark Movie Channel
Syfy
ESPN
CMT
Lifetime Movie Network
Tennis Channel
History
CNBC
MLB Network
TLC
A&E
CNN
msnbc
Travel Channel
Lifetime
Comedy Central
National Geographic Channel
Weather Channel
Encore (East)
Destination America
NBA TV
WGN America
HGTV
Discovery Channel
NBC Sports Network
Animal Planet
Enlace
NFL Network

But I know Silver is your RSN's too which in the OP's case (if location is right) is FS North and Big 10 but they arent listed

I know they don't promote/sell the metal packages any more, but Mom didn't ever change hers. She just called and mentioned she couldn't find those channels any more in "my channels," so I wanted to see if she is supposed to be getting them. If she is, I'll have to talk her through a cold boot, etc.

Thanks for the responses!

Okay, that was quick! :D Thanks, Iceberg!

She's been getting Big 10 since it started, but I know I read something about that channel recently, and I believe Dish was changing who could receive it. She does live in WI, so by the old rules being in a Big 10 state she could receive it. I'm not sure what changed with that channel.

here is an old comparison from about a year ago. These HD channels would be in gold
A&E
ANIMAL PLANET
BIG 10
BIO
BRAVO
CARTOON NETWORK
CBS COLLEGE
CMT
CNBC
CNN
COMEDY CENTRAL
COOKING
DISCOVERY
ENCORE
ESPN
ESPN2
FOOD
GOLF CHANNEL
HALLMARK MOVIE
HD THEATRE
HDNET
HGTV
HISTORY
LIFETIME
LIFETIME MOVIE
LOCAL RSN
MSNBC
NATIONAL GEO
NBA TV
NBC SPORTS
NFL NETWORK
NHL NETWORK
PALLADIA
PLANET GREEN
SPIKE
SYFY
TBS
TENNIS
TLC
TNT
TRAVEL
USA
WEATHER
WGN

Okay, that was quick! :D Thanks, Iceberg!

She's been getting Big 10 since it started, but I know I read something about that channel recently, and I believe Dish was changing who could receive it. She does live in WI, so by the old rules being in a Big 10 state she could receive it. I'm not sure what changed with that channel.

with Dish if you are in a Big 10 state (there are some minor exceptions in PA) you should get ti with your local RSN
Outside of BTN territory you need the sports pack

What channels are still available to people who have a "gold" account. My mom thinks she has lost Big 10, Animal Planet, and National Geographic (possibly FX also). She doesn't see any of those channels in her "my channels" guide. I looked on the dish.com web site, and those channels are still supposed to be included. I know I read something about changes to BTN recently, but I don't recall the changes and can't find those threads. She watches WI and IA basketball and football.

What channels is she supposed to be getting?

Thanks!!

Charise

Please PM me the account or phone number is question and I will look into this. The Big 10 is a regional sports channel if you live in the Big 10 area.

nah. AT120+ has been around for a while

DIdnt BTN and Dish have a little spat right at the beginning of the college football season? Maybe that is why its not in Gold anymore. I know its in AT120+ and higher at least in the Big10 states

nah. AT120+ has been around for a while

DIdnt BTN and Dish have a little spat right at the beginning of the college football season? Maybe that is why its not in Gold anymore. I know its in AT120+ and higher at least in the Big10 states
I guess I never paid attention to AT120+ since it didn't have the golf channel. :D

Could have been a problem at the start of football, but I'm pretty sure Mom still had BTN through at least most of football. She has to pay an extra $5 per month now though.

Personally I lost faith in good affordable dish packages when they done away with absolute.

Mary B. has been helping me a lot with this and says the gold package does include BTN without the additional $5 per month. DIRT does it again!! :D

Mary B. has been helping me a lot with this and says the gold package does include BTN without the additional $5 per month. DIRT does it again!! :D

This is only true if you live in a Big Ten area where is a part of your regional sports channels. Not all account have the Big Ten as a Regional Sports channel and need to add the Multi Sports package for $9.00 a month. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)