Help from E* Tech Support

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I have been working with Executive CSR with a HD upgrade. While I have suffered the same delays and missed appointments upgrading to a SuperDish and 510+811, I have been getting great support and assistance from one particular executive CSR rep.

My only problem is I need a four sat set up to get locals, regular programming, plus CBS-HD. As many of you know, CBS-HD is only available on the wing sats 61.5 or 148- at least that is what everyone has told me.

To get 4 sats you need the vaporware 4-way switch called DP44. Long promised but never delivered by E* I emailed tech support with the following message:

I am a current subscriber with a 811 promised on the 27th of January. I just
had a SuperDish install for local stations on sat 105.
A big feature of HD for this household is getting CBS-HD. Yes we do qualify
and currently subscribe to distant locals. I understand CBS-HD was NOT moved
to the 110 sat with the rest of HD programming. I am quite willing to put up
another Dish to get 61.5 sat but I understand the following:

1. CBS-HD MAY move to 110. If so WHEN???
2. Get reception from 4 sats I need a DP44 switch. When will it be
available? I was told last December it would be available in mid January.
Its now January.
3. Is there any other method to use with a DishPro System to get 4 channels?

Here is the reply:

Dear Mr. Allen,

Thank you for your email correspondence.

In doing some research, CBS-HD does come from satellites 61.5, 105 or 148. I accessed your account, and you qualify for a second dish must carry, which is of no cost to you. This means some of your local stations come from the 61.5 satellite. If you would please call 1-800-333-3474, an agent will be glad to assist you in scheduling an installation.

Sincerely

Tom H.

What gives? Is this just wrong information? CBS-HD on 105???? :confused:

Also, does any one know of a proven work around to the above problem of needing to get channels from 4 channels? I currently use a DP34 switch.

Rick

Lyngsat shows CBS-HD as also being on 105. Is anybody with a superdish picking up CBS-HD off of 105?

I just saw the same listing. I don't think E* has released it to subscribers yet. E* is installing a 61.5 second Dish at their expense. Seems to me it would be cheaper just to open up 105 sat.

Rick

I just signed up for CBS-HD feed from New York. I qualified because my local CBS affiliate was over 100-miles away. I am paying $1.50/month and was told I could choose the NewYork or California feed. I have an 811HD receiver and a superdish. It comes in on channel 243 & on channel 8000? something both.

Rlanham said:
I just signed up for CBS-HD feed from New York. I qualified because my local CBS affiliate was over 100-miles away. I am paying $1.50/month and was told I could choose the NewYork or California feed. I have an 811HD receiver and a superdish. It comes in on channel 243 & on channel 8000? something both.

Channel 243 has CBS-NY on it. Channel 8101 has the same. They are both The standard definition feeds. CBS-NY-HD is on channel 9453. If you aimed at 148 for the LA feeds, CBS-SD is on channels 244 and 8001. The CBS-HD feed is on channel 9454.

When I access the retailer website to do a claim it states that a SuperDish is needed for my area and if the customer needs to use another satellite slot in addition to the SuperDish that they will have to choose which one they want to use, one or the other, as a warning in red letters.

But it has to be a DishPro 21 switch, I got a number of legacy 21 switches. I hate all these compatibility issues, having the right switches to the right lnbf's to the right receivers. If you have stuff left over you cannot use it with everything anymore.

Bobby said:
Channel 243 has CBS-NY on it. Channel 8101 has the same. They are both The standard definition feeds. CBS-NY-HD is on channel 9453. If you aimed at 148 for the LA feeds, CBS-SD is on channels 244 and 8001. The CBS-HD feed is on channel 9454.

I just got it turned on this morning, if that's the case, I will be on the phone to them this evening. Dish rep, specifically told me that 8101 was an HD feed. I already have the SD local channels including CBS. I too, originally thought I would need a second dish to get the CBS-HD feed after reading the forums.

Stargazer said:
But it has to be a DishPro 21 switch, I got a number of legacy 21 switches. I hate all these compatibility issues, having the right switches to the right lnbf's to the right receivers. If you have stuff left over you cannot use it with everything anymore.

Hooked on TV and Stargazer

I specifically asked E* Tech support about cascading a DP21 with my DP34. They stated it could not be done and would not ship a DP21. They have committed to ship a free DP44 when available. Said it was possible with legacy but not DishPro.

Rick

Rlanham said:
I just got it turned on this morning, if that's the case, I will be on the phone to them this evening. Dish rep, specifically told me that 8101 was an HD feed. I already have the SD local channels including CBS. I too, originally thought I would need a second dish to get the CBS-HD feed after reading the forums.

You do need a second dish aimed at 61.5 for NY or 148 for LA. Thats where channels 9453 and 9454 reside.

CBS HD is on the 105 slot, but not available to anyone. This was put there before Dish found out that SuperDish 105 doesnt cover the CONUS..as an example, MN, ND, SD, Northern WI cannot get 105. Same with south of the FL panhandle.

CBS HD is on the wings (61.5 & 148) and probably wont move since not everyone qualifies for it. All other HD is on 110.

The above is in the same boat as people who have locals on SuperFlop err SuperDish and have International channels on a wing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)